Tire and rim size for a 3 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitch Glasgow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a 3-inch lift and new wheels on my 04 Tahoe LS and I'm waiting to get the biggest tire without rubbing on the lift. What is the biggest tire and what size rim would look the best with the lift and tires?

richs1

Reaction score
I have an 04 Z71, I have aftermarket keys and spacers under the rear, got about 3 inches over stock. I am running 33x11.50-20 nitro ridge grapplers. No issues in the front, severe articulation in the rear will cause rear tire to make contact with inner fender at the shock mount. I’m at about 46 inches from ground to bottom of fender in the center. Hope that helps......

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can fit 35's on low offset and some minor trimming. However your suspension clearance will be next to nothing. 33's are a safe bet, I have Toyo M/T's 33x12.50r22 on 22x9 +30mm with no trimming no rubbing lock to lock and cranked stock keys. You can also check out customwheeloffset.com for all sorts of examples of clearance. A safe and good looking setup imo would be a 20x10 with around -20mm offset and 33x12.50s or maybe a 285/55r20. I wouldn't go with a 12 wide or anything above a 33 unless your'e prepared for some considerable trimming