Tip: Replacing front turn signal bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jem556

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Does not look easy to me at all. I do love my 2005 Z71 more and more every single day.......
So many things I liked better on my former 03 LT…especially the seat comfort and the folding mirrors, etc. Really, the only upgrades from the 2015+ platform that meant anything to me was the Nav / backup camera and electronics. This will be my last Tahoe as even setting aside all other issues, I can’t adapt to the 2021+ styling…looks too much like a ford for my tastes.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You should get another NBS Tahoe and take the saved money and do what you want with it. You said something about your 03 that I say all the time. The most comfortable seats. I love them.

OP
OP
jem556

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02 LT was that color. I bet you miss that truck.
I do, it was an amazing vehicle …12 years of dependable service with only routine maintenance other than a water pump replacement. Everything was still working when I sold it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Someone hit you at the wrong time with the right amount of money. That happened to me in 1992 when I sold my first year/first model of the 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy. All silver tanks and fenders and frame. I still kick myself in the ass for selling that beautiful bike.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew what was in the way and tried to remove the tray and washer reservoir blocking access but it was impossible from the engine compartment (maybe if on a lift?). Even with all accessible bolts removed and said items loosened, I could not get my average size hand in a position to remove the bulb retainer. I will have to fabricate a special tool to reach and remove the bulb…until I get time for that, I’ll just continue on with hyper blinking and my utter disdain for GM ‘designers’…
I can't speak with authority for the K2 models, but for my 07, I remove the entire headlight assembly to change bulb. Take out 3 screws, loosen 3 other screws, and the entire headlight assemble comes out. Sure, not as easy as simply reaching in and removing the bulb itself by hand, but the procedure takes me only about 15 minutes with no special tools.

OP
OP
jem556

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak with authority for the K2 models, but for my 07, I remove the entire headlight assembly to change bulb. Take out 3 screws, loosen 3 other screws, and the entire headlight assemble comes out. Sure, not as easy as simply reaching in and removing the bulb itself by hand, but the procedure takes me only about 15 minutes with no special tools.
With the 2015-2020 models, you have to remove a good deal of the front end and bumper to remove the headlight assembly so that’s a big no LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts