Tint up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollindeep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So im going to tint my hoe. How dark are the rear seat and back windows tinted stock? I would like them all to match if possible. I just wanna know if I have to tint all the glass for that to happen. Because I do want it dark.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STOCK TINT IS 30 or 35% limo tint it i i love, i did 2.5& on the driver pass doors and the rear 3 are 0% tint meaning u cant even see out limo tint is 5% check out my sig! i love dark tint and u get used to driving with ur side mirrors with dark tint! LOL i took of my rear view mirror cuz its useless and it opens up the windshield i love it!! so my 2 cents would be to go dark! if u dont ur gunna wish u did

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
I believe stock is closer to 20% thats what i have upfront and its nearly a perfect match.

OP
OP
R

Rollindeep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ait

Maybe Ill go 5 all around then. Cops in Idaho are assholes. I figured I might as well get it all done since im getting a good deal since im dating a tinters daughter. I wonder if hes got darker tho. What is legal? Or does that vary by state?

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

99coop is your windshield tinted as well? I dont even think that is legal here in Idaho. You can only tint the strip up top. That would be sick tho.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea when i asked for them to match it up they said it was 20% had i gone back and did it now i wouldve went with 10 or 5

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Maybe Ill go 5 all around then. Cops in Idaho are assholes. I figured I might as well get it all done since im getting a good deal since im dating a tinters daughter. I wonder if hes got darker tho. What is legal? Or does that vary by state?

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

99coop is your windshield tinted as well? I dont even think that is legal here in Idaho. You can only tint the strip up top. That would be sick tho.

No, just an upper strip which is legal up to 6". Tint laws change for every state some very lenient and others alot stricter. Chicago is one with 0 tint allowed up front, but o well. There is a website that shows each states individual tint laws.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/ Checked out Idaho and it's not lookin too favorable. But go for it anyways.

Last edited:

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a pair of those glasses that they give away after they've screwed with your eyes (big paper sunglasses that old people wear) in my glove so whenever im pulled over i put it on and no tint ticket

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get away with it though. My brother had tint on his windshield on two of his camaros. Looked so awesome.

ya but what happens when you gotta put new inspection/registration stickers on the windshield? tint is gonna get messed up I'd think

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

i have a pair of those glasses that they give away after they've screwed with your eyes (big paper sunglasses that old people wear) in my glove so whenever im pulled over i put it on and no tint ticket

that's awesome! hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401