Window tint - DFW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtxmm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We finally got our Yukon Denali in white frost today right off the truck - yay! (and avoided the dealer tint add on - double yay!).

Of course, living in DFW (West Plano / Carrollton area) we're going to want to do some heat rejecting tint. Three questions for the brain trust:
1) What tint have y'all used and which windows?
2) About how much should I budget for this?
3) Which companies are best?

Thanks for the advice!

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always used Llumar tint. There are new competitors that have popped up lately (xpel) that have better performance however. Can’t comment on their warranty / shades.

I paid $420 for all windows including windshield. Excludes the pano roof.

Llumar CTX (ceramic) line is what I put on my vehicles. If you are looking for maximum heat rejection and doing all windows their IRX line does have better performance (at a higher cost).

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In '21 we had our windows ceramic tinted 30% front and 20% rear for $404 out the door.

Since then, I have read that they also make a clear ceramic tint that reduces the heat for the windshield. This summer as you know has been especially hot!

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have the front windows tinted to match the back, with the black interior it makes it seem much darker inside. it was $120 for both fronts.

jsal52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We finally got our Yukon Denali in white frost today right off the truck - yay! (and avoided the dealer tint add on - double yay!).

Of course, living in DFW (West Plano / Carrollton area) we're going to want to do some heat rejecting tint. Three questions for the brain trust:

Thanks for the advice!
I darkened the front to right at the legal limit, darkened the rear doors some to shade our little one, but left it so she can still see out even at night. The back and back hatch we darkened almost to limo tint in order to keep anyone from seeing what is in the back cargo area (we leave the third row down). It's a 2015 with the pearl tricoat and you can't tell the difference between the tints looking at it from outside, unless you get close and try to look in.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually tested a variety of window tinting. My goal was to block UV-A, this is believed to be a cause of skin cancer. After testing about six different types. I found that “XPEL” did the best job. You cannot find this product at “tint shops”. Some car dealerships install it. I ended up going to their Dallas facility, “XPEL Dallas”. I ended up liking this product so much that I had my other tinting removed from a different vehicle. I have NO financial relationship with this company other than being a customer.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice!
I used XPEL fusion plus nano ceramic tint with heat rejection and I would never use anything else again.

Pricing however is expensive up here in the TriState it was about 800 do do all windows on an XL and another 375 for the windshield.

I also had the truck coated in xoel ceramic coating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019