Throttle adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be old news to some but it's new to me. I never could figure out why my hoe was so slow or dragged off the line. I checked everything and cleaned everything. But it always had a delayed response when I pushed the throttle. The other day I watched carfix and it mentioned a product called speed booster. I thought I would check it out. It's supposed to increase throttle response. Well they don't make it for 00-06 tahoes. So I did some searching and found a thread that described how to adjust your throttle response. I really didn't even pay much attention to it but I saved the page and said I would try it. Well I just did and DAMN!
Here's how you do it:
- Get in the truck shut the doors buckle the seat belt.
- put the keyin the ignition and turn it to the on position ( do not turn it over)
- press the pedal down as quick as possible and hold it to the floor
- turn the key to the off position
- wait a few seconds the. Release the pedal.

That's it!

I turned the truck on to check it out and about redlined the truck less than half way to the floor. Check it out!

-----PUGLIA-----

franksbanks

Reaction score
This may be old news to some but it's new to me. I never could figure out why my hoe was so slow or dragged off the line. I checked everything and cleaned everything. But it always had a delayed response when I pushed the throttle. The other day I watched carfix and it mentioned a product called speed booster. I thought I would check it out. It's supposed to increase throttle response. Well they don't make it for 00-06 tahoes. So I did some searching and found a thread that described how to adjust your throttle response. I really didn't even pay much attention to it but I saved the page and said I would try it. Well I just did and DAMN!
Here's how you do it:
- Get in the truck shut the doors buckle the seat belt.
- put the keyin the ignition and turn it to the on position ( do not turn it over)
- press the pedal down as quick as possible and hold it to the floor
- turn the key to the off position
- wait a few seconds the. Release the pedal.

That's it!

I turned the truck on to check it out and about redlined the truck less than half way to the floor. Check it out!

-----PUGLIA-----

sweet, im trying this tonight! :peace:

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like its recalibrating the TPS so that computer adjusts timing and fuel curve more appropriately.

Yukonboy2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did it. I did notice that the chime that normally sounds when you switch to 'on' did not chime during the process. Will see how it performs in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84