Thoughts - owned both - 2021 Escalade & Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the surface things, really, many things are the same....

Really what I wanted the Escalade for was the Super Cruise and Augmented Reality view.

At the time with supplier pricing it was 18k more.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the front 2 seats, it is not as open/roomy and she felt a little closed in. We had a '11 Escalade ESV(best vehicle we have had) and a '15 Suburban LTZ prior.
So the big console takes up more room I imagine. I hadn't considered that but that would be a negative thing. Wives can be so perceptive that's why I asked.

DGMO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently traded my 2021 Denali 6.2 for a loaded 2021 Escalade Sport 2.0 Diesel.

Had the Denali for 14k miles and have 1500 on Escalade already. Traded since I was able to buy Escalade at Msrp and get fantastic trade value on Denali.

Quick observations:

1) power band on the 6.2 vs 3.0 feels very similar. Diesel has plenty of get up and go with out turbo lag. Averaging 26mpg 3.0 combined instead of 16mpg 6.2

2) Escalade ride is little softer and more solid feeling and little quieter

3) akg 19 speaker system in Escalade is amazing - blows the Denali Bose out of the water - have not heard the 36 speaker akg

4) headlights and fog lights were better on Denali - Escalade no fog and low beams lack compared to Denali

5) big screens on Escalade are fantastic and easy to master

6) Obviously interior and attention to detail is better on the Escalade.

7) wish they carried over the sliding center console to Escalade

wanted to share my observations - Escalade is 20k more but you get a lot for the extra cash.
Thanks for the observations....I ended up with an Escalade (had order for Yukon but GM cancelled it, constraints, I think the super cruise made my order get done faster)

DGMO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The super cruise to me is a game changer....just got it a week ago and did 200 mile trip and touched the steering wheel not even half the trip....

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own both a 2021 Escalade Sport and 2021 Yukon Denali - My wife and I both agree that the interior and exterior of the escalade far exceeds the Yukon. The additional cost of for the escalade is well worth it. Both are great vehicles.

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
Believe it or not, they feel like entirely different vehicles from a trim/refinement perspective.

And while Air Ride and MRC are the same, I notice a difference in the ride between her 2wd Escalade and my 4wd Yukon. Hers is smoother riding and I attribute it to the drive type.

OP
OP
P

Paul Steele III

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for this.

A few questions, based on your experience, please.

1) Did both vehicles have adaptive air suspension?
Yes

2) Is there a difference in seat comfort? Yes seats have more comfort

…and the most important question:

3) What does the woman in your life think about the difference between driving the two?
- does drive more like a car

OP
OP
P

Paul Steele III

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We also have both. 2021 AT4 and 2021 Escalade. My wife's Escalade is definitely a more refined ride. Both of ours have air ride and both ride great. I personally enjoy driving my AT4, but the seats in her Escalade are definitely more comfortable than the stiffer leather in the AT4. There's also a good bit more support under the backside of your legs in the Escalade, meaning the seat bottom comes out further under your legs. Nothing wrong with either vehicle...just different.

Oh, and I agree. The 19-speaker AKG makes the AT4 Bose system sound pitiful.

Overall superior rode on Escalade and AKG does blow Bose out of water

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low