Thoughts - owned both - 2021 Escalade & Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get those rims powder coated gloss black for a lot less than a new set of rims... Jus sayin...

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm debating trading up to a 2017 and some of you are already trading in 2021's. Where did I go wrong??? LOL!

pologreendenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im kind of surprised about putting the diesel 3.0s into escalades and yukons, my 2015 jeep GC overland has had the 3.0 with all the recall issues and has gone in for transmission fix under warranty twice in before she hit 70k miles....but that motor did YANK, just had very low end torque that reminded me of the 6.6 but with 420ft torque once she hit 3-4k rpm that thing would be flying....way more topend then any of my 5.3 chevys.

I understand that motor in the smaller jeep GC but on a full size XL or escalade, the diesels dont strike me as very luxurious. Are they pretty quiet compared to the big v8s that purr? My 3.0 ecodiesel was a loud motor and she is great for towing or offroad, but i still prefer the 5.7l hemi and if going chevy/gmc would lean towards any engine bigger than the 5.3 flex fuels

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im kind of surprised about putting the diesel 3.0s into escalades and yukons, my 2015 jeep GC overland has had the 3.0 with all the recall issues and has gone in for transmission fix under warranty twice in before she hit 70k miles....but that motor did YANK, just had very low end torque that reminded me of the 6.6 but with 420ft torque once she hit 3-4k rpm that thing would be flying....way more topend then any of my 5.3 chevys.

I understand that motor in the smaller jeep GC but on a full size XL or escalade, the diesels dont strike me as very luxurious. Are they pretty quiet compared to the big v8s that purr? My 3.0 ecodiesel was a loud motor and she is great for towing or offroad, but i still prefer the 5.7l hemi and if going chevy/gmc would lean towards any engine bigger than the 5.3 flex fuels

Let me tell you 1st hand that the Dmax is quiet and you can be exceeding any speed limit in very short order. I also had an EcoDiesel, and the Dmax is much more responsive and refined. You barely hear it working and is matched very well to the 10 speed to keep it in the torque band.
The future of the emissions systems on this combo is a possible wild card, but it is on all modern diesel vehicles. Get the longest warranty you can get that will cover it and be meticulous about maintenance and I believe it will serve its owners well. It is advised and helpful if you can do your own maintenance on these vehicles and have a reasonable Idea of how they work and their quirks. But the benefit far out weighs any issues and getting 25+ MPG on a huge vehicle like this pretty unheard of. I believe this will be one of the last great diesel powered SUV's as electrification is pursued. More than pleased with mine so far....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs