Thought this was a high quote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a vette servo in the next week or so. I have seen the how-to install and think I can do it myself. If not i have a family member that I know can help me with it but he is pretty busy with work. So I decided to go to a local tranny shop and just check with them on what it would cost me if they did it. I got a quote of $300. His cost for the servo is $38, $119 for a part called Pressure control solenoid, $40 for some kind of spring, and then labor. Said he would need it all day. Now i didn't tell him that I have read where it should only take an hour. He said he would do fluid and filter change as well so maybe that's why he will need it most of the day.

(1) I will get the servo myself. (2) I will check with the tranny shop that did the rebuild for me 98 F-150. Do any of you know of the solenoid part he mentioned? For the record i will not be using this shop. Any feedback is welcomed.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
What is the Labor rate in Your area? prob around $98 an hour pluse parts, filter, and fluids, that spring thing, Hmm still are you running a 4L60 or a 4L80 tranny? since You have a Yukon. Still seems hi as heck tho.

Last edited:
OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. If I decide to have it done, the tranny shop that rebuilt my F-150 tranny can do it for $60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583