This is driving me crazy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phoenician_07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have search high and low all over the internet and maybe I’m just not good at wording things but I’m looking for some kind of fix for the interior door grab handle. Not the Oh S*** handle above and not the handle to open the door the one right behind the window and door lock controls. Over time from grabbing it to shut the door it’s falling off.

Has anyone came up with a fix for this instead of replacement? Much appreciated folks

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have search high and low all over the internet and maybe I’m just not good at wording things but I’m looking for some kind of fix for the interior door grab handle. Not the Oh S*** handle above and not the handle to open the door the one right behind the window and door lock controls. Over time from grabbing it to shut the door it’s falling off.

Has anyone came up with a fix for this instead of replacement? Much appreciated folks

Lay off the roids, tell the kids to "chill the **** out", or if you are...………. (not trying to be an ass)….. Big? then try closing it underhanded.

Just so were clear, you are talking about this?

door_LI.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Not the first guy with this problem. There are threads on it. Keep searching. Try door panel repair , etc.

OP
OP
P

Phoenician_07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lay off the roids, tell the kids to "chill the **** out", or if you are...………. (not trying to be an ass)….. Big? then try closing it underhanded.

Just so were clear, you are talking about this?

View attachment 214323

Yes!! That’s the handle

I will keep searching, out of all the repetitive threads I would think this one would have the most but guess not.

I am big but I close my door by grabbing the top of the door and try not to slam my fingers... risky I know but I’ve always done it.

My wife is the one slamming the doors even the bottom half of the panel has come off the door I’m just waiting for it to fall off one day.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes!! That’s the handle

I will keep searching, out of all the repetitive threads I would think this one would have the most but guess not.

I am big but I close my door by grabbing the top of the door and try not to slam my fingers... risky I know but I’ve always done it.

My wife is the one slamming the doors even the bottom half of the panel has come off the door I’m just waiting for it to fall off one day.
There are 3 and 1/2 thousand youtube videos on door panel removal. Have you ever taken it off (probably for speaker install)? There is a bolt at the bottom, that might not have gotten reinstalled? The switches pop right out. I don't recall how the handle is attached without looking, but a little flat head for the lock, switches, and door open handle, then a 7mm socket will get the door panel off in a minute. I want to say there are bendable tabs for it.

Could try lubricating the hinges, to make sure its as easy as possible.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes!! That’s the handle

Maybe take the chivalrous route and open /close her door for her. Or a "no girls allowed" sign?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons