Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a couple junk wires and wire one up to the + and one to the - and then touch the other ends to where the plug for the brake light goes, note which side of the plug on the light is + and - as you will wanna hook up the wires from the battery the same way!! Be sure not to touch the wires together, not a good thing!!:)

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Just get a couple junk wires and wire one up to the + and one to the - and then touch the other ends to where the plug for the brake light goes, note which side of the plug on the light is + and - as you will wanna hook up the wires from the battery the same way!! Be sure not to touch the wires together, not a good thing!!:)

+1 Used this to test my LEDs

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no not yet... kinda busy and scared that ill eff something up when i do this or myself haha ill somehow find a way to touch the wires togather lol zappp!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem man, try the 9v battery idea first and see if that works, not too difficult to do, can even use a couple of paper clips straightened out to touch both the battery ends and the plug ends on the light!! Go for it man!!

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i just 9v it and it works ? so wtf lol why doesnt it work when plugged in any suggestions?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE!!! I figured the 9v would work but didn't know for sure!! Well at least you know that your light works and you don't need to buy a new one, now you just gotta find the problem!! Did you ever check to see if your cruise control works?

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i changed the fuse for the cruise control it wasnt blown but just changed it and it still doesnt work ... any other ideas im going crazy??

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you need to drive down the road and see if the cruise control works correctly, I think there is more than one fuse that's linked to the C.C.!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645