Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yea i guess i just hate taking them out some are a real ***** to get out .

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yea i guess i just hate taking them out some are a real ***** to get out .

It's not too bad if you use a fuse puller, but before you do take you truck for a spin and see if the cruise control works, but otherwise take the time and go through both fuse boxes and check it all!

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
I hope it's just a fuse, my 3rd brake light went out, turns out 3 of the LEDs burned out, so I cut the unit open and replaced them, I drove the truck for almost a year before someone told me it was out. lol

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well just check that cruise one nope its perfect !!! damn i dont want to spend 60 bucks on a stupid 3rd brake light!
eff

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have the owners manual that came with the truck, each fuse is labeled and location shown inside of it.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been out for some time too... I am going to go out and check my fuse as soon as i finish my coffee.... I didnt want to buy a new one either. I would rather buy led tails and just night shade the third brake light so it blends in.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have the owners manual that came with the truck, each fuse is labeled and location shown inside of it.

I would think the same, but as I stated earlier in the thread my 3rd brake light being out was because of another circuit that blew a fuse, the spot didn't mention the 3rd brake light at all, it was piggy backed on the other system!! That's why it's a good idea to check the obvious ones and if they are all good but still no brake light then I would pull every fuse out one by one and check each one, that's what the chevy tech had to do to solve my problem!!
Also, I would think that the brake light is getting 12v to make it work, so I could be wrong but I'd think you could take the brake light off, take it to your truck battery, hook a wire up to the + and - side of your battery and hook them up to the light, it should light up (I would think). That would be a way to check the light to see if it is bad! Might also be able to take a 9v square battery instead of the truck battery and do the same!! Just trying to help guys!!

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh i get that. im just telling him where he can look up the specific fuses that he asked locations for.

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how would i connect it to the battery to see if it would work ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu