Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i vht niteshaded all my tail lights including my third brake light but now it doesn't work ? i plugged it in corectly and everything was how it was whene first took it off ? is there a fuse for the 3rd brake light ? im lost help plz thanks.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. (At least there is on my '04)

In the fuse box near the driver side door there is a fuse labled: VEH CHMSL (Vehicle Center high mounted stop lamp).

**Edit***
Fuse%203rd%20brake.jpg

Last edited:

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
I did not know that. My 3rd brake light has been out for almost 2 yrs now, never could figure it out, so I just left it alone. I'm going to take a look at it as soon as I get off work.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Would be nice to know that a 10amp fuse can fix the problem.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if that doesn't solve the problem, see if you cruise control works, if not find that fuse and see if it is blown (had the problem in the past when my light didn't work, that was my problem).

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats strange i Niteshaded my 3rd break light and had no problem with it

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying that if it's only your 3rd brake light that isn't working, see if your cruise control works, if not look for the fuse that controls that (better yet look through all the fuses, sometimes GM piggy backs other things on another circuit fuse), I think it is because the cruise control is tapped into the 3rd brake light (at least mine is) so that when you press the brake pedal it cancels the cruise control speed when you are driving. Hope that makes sense, I saw a chevy tech spend 45 minutes testing everything under the sun to diagnose my dead 3rd brake light then he thought about the cruise control!! Keep us in the loop and good luck!

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you know which one the cruise control fuse is ?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't, that was 3 years ago that I had the problem, seriously thought, do what the tech that figured out my problem did after 45 minutes of being stumped, go through all, I mean ALL your fuses, one my one, and make sure you don't have any blown out ones at all, that what he ended up doing because I was standing there the whole time watching him!! If that technique is good enough for a tech, it's good enough for me!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972