Theft Deterrent Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately, in my neighborhood there has been an up tick in car thefts, mostly larger vehicles such as trucks and SUV's. Currently, my OBS is blocked in by my daily driver, a 2003 Saab. But the Saab is for sale, and I may start using the Tahoe as the daily again. While it likely isn't the most desirable truck to steal, it seems to me it is probably pretty easy to steal compared to newer models.

What are some options for theft deterrent? The Club? I've used that on an old Jeep. Or a starter interupt switch placed somewhere hard to find? I don't carry full coverage on the truck as it isn't worth much. But would hate to wake up one morning and find it not in the driveway.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
You could always remove the steering wheel at night. It’d be great to see the thieves faces when they notice that. All joking aside I don’t have to worry about thieves here, so never thought about it, sorry!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a cheap easy one would be a fuel pump cut-off switch you could put under the seat, behind a panel or some where like that, wouldn't cost much in supplies. 1. switch and a roll of wire and few butt connectors and you are in business.

another simple deterrent would be a blinking led mounted somewhere on the dash to give the appearance of having a alarm system, most run of the mill thieves will see the blinking light and keep on moving on to some easier prey. those you can order online as well as alarm brand stickers to place on the glass, such as "viper"

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
a cheap easy one would be a fuel pump cut-off switch you could put under the seat, behind a panel or some where like that, wouldn't cost much in supplies. 1. switch and a roll of wire and few butt connectors and you are in business.

another simple deterrent would be a blinking led mounted somewhere on the dash to give the appearance of having a alarm system, most run of the mill thieves will see the blinking light and keep on moving on to some easier prey. those you can order online as well as alarm brand stickers to place on the glass, such as "viper"

That jogged my memory of a ChrisFix toggle switch video... let me find it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11