The twin hoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plan E
Thinking I’d just leave the stock sensors in the original spot, I bought a new set of 4 aftermarket sensors. I’ve replaced the one giving me fits with a new one to no joy. Might out the original stock back in. Might also try one of the other new ones.

The baffling part is how the false reading flipped sides when the antler look was tried. So Im not sure the hardware is the issue.
I'm feeling for you! So frustrating!

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shifting gears. Instead of the full time space consuming drawers thecopcar has, I’m doing a deck plate to attach gear for trips, then be able to remove and store it between trips.

Sneak peek. It’ll bolt down to the seat mount points.

8B0FAB32-AEC2-4887-97EA-961F99D85697.jpeg

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think its because the push bar is still sticking out further than the sensor? Could you drill a hole in the front of the push bar and flush mount the sensor in the bar like is was in the bumper? You could also run your wiring through the there and put some unplugged sensors back in the bumper cover to clean it up.

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think its because the push bar is still sticking out further than the sensor? Could you drill a hole in the front of the push bar and flush mount the sensor in the bar like is was in the bumper? You could also run your wiring through the there and put some unplugged sensors back in the bumper cover to clean it up.
That’s why I tried with the troublesome sensor taped in front of the bar. Made no difference.

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell if it was passed the bar or not. That sucks
It was 2” in front of it.

I’ve swapped the original oem piece back in, just for fun. Still no difference.

I pulled the fuse for my own edification. So many warnings. Parking off line, lane departure off line, camera off line, probably more.

For now the one sensor is unplugged. The parking warning are all off, so I can’t rely on a system I’ve never had anyway. Also no constant seat buzzing at low speed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shifting gears. Instead of the full time space consuming drawers thecopcar has, I’m doing a deck plate to attach gear for trips, then be able to remove and store it between trips.

Sneak peek. It’ll bolt down to the seat mount points.

View attachment 374831
Next steps. Wrapped in speaker carpet and bolted to the seat mount points.

18FC1E73-F399-4EEE-B1BE-5BC744D6CC1F.jpeg5EC0B751-227B-4935-88B1-79DE2F3F2E67.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645