The truth behind synthetic oil (my story)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ming15237

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Synthetic blend it is then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's a great point...btw has anybody ever heard what it takes to classify an engine oil as a synthetic blend? Is it 1% 5% 75% been in this industry a long time and I have never heard the standards to achieve this classification mentioned by any oil manufacture. Therefore it makes me slightly suspicious of the claims.

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
2006Tahoe2WD,

I did not state that synthetic oil cleans the engine internals, this post was intended to show our TY members that synthetic oils do not sludge up the engines (of course with good change intervals).

This thread is non bios on the best synthetic oil out there. I have used many synthetic oils in the past and have had similar results.

Enjoy Your day

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 and you still change at 3k. You are wasting your money. The pics here show you how good it is for your motor. I have used Mobile 1 in many cars over the last MANY years and all of them went 150k and plus some and were clean as hell internally.
We had a 91 suburban that went almost 350k miles without burning or using oil on standard dino juice.
We finally had to park it because we wore the axles off it, and it was cheaper to just replace the whole truck. (and the body was rusting out badly)

If I remember correctly, I drove it to the 8 miles to scrapper.

I can't tell you how clean it was internally, but it couldn't have been too bad.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in durability testing, we use synthetic and regular oil; and run engines at WOT for about 900 hours to 3000 hours. We do LOCA testing as well. We bring the engines down and perform oil analysis at every 2500 hours for analysis. According to the data, we use more oil in an engine when we run regular oil vs synthetic. We drain all the oil from the pan and block into a large measuring bowl and weigh the amount and compare it to the weight of how many qts we put in. Now, i dont know why that is, so i wont speculate on that, just food for thought

But when the engines were all torn down, the parts all looked the same in comparison, conventional oil vs synthetic

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like my engine, I only use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic

View attachment 83387

I'm not against other oils it's just what I first put in it and just stuck with it. So my engine will never see anything other than Mobil1. Knock on wood I haven't had to change any seals or gaskets yet due to leaks or even residue but when I do I can only hope my engine looks this beautiful! Awesome pic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz