The time to mod has arrived - help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
So I picked up my hoe today. :headbang: No updated pics today (not to be like nc6600 lol) unfortunately. My family is in town visiting so I will get some up likely tomorrow or Monday. The time for modding is here now however and I was wondering if there is a good place that you all know of that I should look into ordering from for good prices etc? I found the grill I am looking for on stylintrucks.com and the SS bumper on another site. Figured I would bounce things off you guys to see if there is anywhere else I should look.

The things I am looking for to start are:

Badgeless grill - (Stylin Trucks)

SS style bumper - (Stylin Trucks)

2500hd hood - (planning to check with some friends that may get discounts on stock parts, if not dealer unless someone knows a better place)

AEM Brute Force Intake - PM'd Max on these boards

That's where I'm starting. I plan to have the handles and mirrors color matched while those parts are being painted and installed as well. I also intend to look into LED tails, a roll pan, exhaust, and some more goodies depending on how the funds go after I'm done with the first few things. Any tips/help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
Let the modding begin!

Just a side note,

A good way to find parts cheap sometimes, is take the part number from the manufacturer website and punch it into Amazon or Ebay...Sometimes it comes up regular price, other times it pops up super cheap, worth a shot IMO.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I am perusing through those constantly in search of a deal. Thanks for the tip I appreciate it!

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
I feel like I clicked on this thread and got NC'd hardcore!!

J/K...

Good plans for the mods. I was taken back by the $350 grille though.

-E

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Yeah it's not cheap I agree but it is the style I am looking for. That's why I figured I'd post this up here first to see if anyone knew of other places I should check. I am trying to locate it for a better price but either haven't been able to find it or it is just as expensive everywhere I do find it. I have the bad luck of knowing what I want and when I find it then it always seems to be the most expensive part of its kind out there. Oh well /sigh.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
2500hd hood - (planning to check with some friends that may get discounts on stock parts, if not dealer unless someone knows a better place)

You're here in AZ so you can get a hood from Certifit.com for pretty cheap but they are not the best quality. You can email this guy Daniel, I got mine from him. He is a body guy at a dealership and has all kinds of front clips and may have an HD hood or be able to snag one. i also got my e-fans from him. Here is his email:

[email protected]

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, direct swap for a tahoe...requires some trimming to fit a yukon though. If I had a tahoe that would be at the top of my list, they just look better with the HD hood imo.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the reference Grocery Getter. I will send an email his way. Pics are updated in my original Tahoe thread here. It's starting to look like Stylin Trucks may be my best bet for the other stuff. At least I have the convenience with them to buy it all from one place.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i am very patiently waiting for my HD hood.... I am certain i can find a sweet freakin deal on an already painted used one, just need to be patient and look in the right places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004

Latest posts