the real story on spark plug wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went oem acdelco iridium. Like 45$ for a set at rockauto

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are okay for me. Get the code. Maybe the insulator cracked on one of them when installing.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are okay for me. Get the code. Maybe the insulator cracked on one of them when installing.

The code popped on my old spark plugs/cables that's why I'm installing the new ones sorry I had to use bad language when I was explaining. The code is for the evap system and the exhaust system but both of those sensors were replaced less than a year ago all the stalling issues seem like it's just bad spark plugs I believe these are the original ones on the truck I bought my truck used.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never experienced the evap exhaust codes yet but Google the actual codes there are tons of threads about evap canisters and such.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sticking with 41-110.

Has anyone tried any aftermarket wires? Specifically magnacore?

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing the ACDelco 9748RR Professional Spark Plug Wire Set and the
ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plug I popped a check engine light and the Trucks starting to stall. They arrive on friday. How do you like the ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plugs.

My 08 Denali has been stumbling a bit on acceleration when I first start it up. I initially thought it might be the transmission, but it has 82k miles and the original plugs and wires so I'm going to swap them out. Any thoughts on the ACDelco stuff so far?

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 08 Denali has been stumbling a bit on acceleration when I first start it up. I initially thought it might be the transmission, but it has 82k miles and the original plugs and wires so I'm going to swap them out. Any thoughts on the ACDelco stuff so far?
My acceleration has gotten better, a little better gas mileage so it was true my spark plugs were going out. The code popped again so it looks like the exhaust vent solenoids i had installed last year went luckily they had a two year warranty so when you get them replaced this month.

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody know which magnecore wires for sure on NNBS? There is contradicting info everywhere on which model #. 85241 or 85283?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jes,
I emailed magnacore for the correct wires for our applications. As soon as I hear back, I'll post it up.
That is as long as no one else posts up the correct info, haha.