The OFFICIAL 2015 Tahoe unveiling thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're going to love the new ride, Nathan! Good thing you took off work next week to transfer your air ride over to it :party33:

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He ain't no woman!! :nono:

Bass911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand the high pricing? It looks like the 2015 Tahoe models have have a higher sticker price than a brand new 07-13 Escalade. If this truck 60k-70k, I'd get a C7 Corvette instead. I won't say how, but I've seen these trucks getting put together at the GM plant. They get a lot of the parts for these trucks cheap from Mexico. If they ever start selling them, they'd make big profits. The technology and reliability is great, but the price is too high! Maybe I'm just extremely poor? If you wanted to actually own it you'd be paying house note payments for a truck, and I don't want to roll that bad. I see them at the dealership now, but haven't seen them on the street yet.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I agree the prices are really high. When it's time for me to get a new vehicle, I'm definitely getting a used one once the prices drop a little.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the big fold flat push they had. They fold the same as the nnbs but have a plastic storage space in the rear thAt levels it out.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand the high pricing? It looks like the 2015 Tahoe models have have a higher sticker price than a brand new 07-13 Escalade. If this truck 60k-70k, I'd get a C7 Corvette instead. I won't say how, but I've seen these trucks getting put together at the GM plant. They get a lot of the parts for these trucks cheap from Mexico. If they ever start selling them, they'd make big profits. The technology and reliability is great, but the price is too high! Maybe I'm just extremely poor? If you wanted to actually own it you'd be paying house note payments for a truck, and I don't want to roll that bad. I see them at the dealership now, but haven't seen them on the street yet.

I don't think I've ever seen a brand new 07-13 esky for under $70k.

You're also comparing a fully loaded LTZ. The base model ones are showing in the high $40s, which after rebates and incentives will put them in the low 40s. Yes, there will be incentives on these, just not now until the 14 models are cleared out.

A C7 Vette isn't really a comparison to a Tahoe or Yukon. You're talking 2 seats versus 7-8 seats.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree that the territory these are priced in is high, especially the LTZ and Denali which I am most interested in. I really like these utes but for the same price, actually $7k less I could go get an Audi Q7 S Line Prestige. The thing is, I need something that has a third row and can still haul luggage and/or a double stroller. Nothing else on the market can do that. Nothing out there has a usable third row and enough room in the back for a stroller. It also has to have second row captain seats w/out a center console because you can't access the third row with the bench because they can't tumble with child seats. Otherwise I would consider an Infiniti QX56/80. Just thought I'd throw out there the story of my life ;)

I don't understand the big fold flat push they had. They fold the same as the nnbs but have a plastic storage space in the rear thAt levels it out.

I a agree it's odd and slightly cheap looking. Especially disappointed to see it on the sub/xl. How many people fold their third row down in those, that big box doesn't make sense. It did a little on a short wheelbase.

I want this only in a sub not a hoe y8u6epuh.jpg

Last edited:

Bass911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a brand new 07-13 esky for under $70k.

You're also comparing a fully loaded LTZ. The base model ones are showing in the high $40s, which after rebates and incentives will put them in the low 40s. Yes, there will be incentives on these, just not now until the 14 models are cleared out.

A C7 Vette isn't really a comparison to a Tahoe or Yukon. You're talking 2 seats versus 7-8 seats.

The Corvette does compare as far as price. I understand the Tahoe is bigger but I already have a Tahoe so I'm not losing out with just having 2 seats. Who really wants a stripped down Tahoe? You can still get a fully loaded low mileage used Escalade for cheaper than the new Tahoe with cloth seats. The point I'm trying to make is for 60k I would like to stand out from the crowd. If I was going to spend this much I'd get a used Porsche Panamera, used Dodge Viper, used Escalade, or Benz s550. I understand some of these cars don't compare, but I always have owned 2 cars. If I have a 2 seater I'm guaranteed to have a big car or suv parked next to it.

I like the 2015 Tahoe and might get one after the price drops. I don't like that it has less cargo area, but if it adds more rear leg room it's ok? I haven't really looked at interior specs, but it looks like a bigger truck in person. The black Tahoe looks good but this new body style still has to grow on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88