The meaning of "Murdered Out"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So anyways i was browsing around on tahoeyukon forum and car domain, and i noticed that the term "murdered out" and "blacked out" has became a very loose term. Now i love cars and trucks just as much as the next person, thats why i have this account. The true meaning of murdered out is all matte black, no chrome anywere just EVERYTHING matte black! Same with blacked out same concept but it doesnt have to be matte black, but still everything black! So please stop calling you truck murdered out or blacked out if you still have chrome bumpers or chrome lipped wheels! You just sound stupid. Please does anyone out there agree with me or am i just going crazy?? Please leave comments

Note: now i know some of you will get on here and say " your truck is not murdered out or blacked out" and that i have no room to talk. But i know my truck is not murdered out or blacked out, trusy me, I KNOW. Thanks

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi, steven.
murdered out doesn't include wheels, and doesn;t mean only matte black either.

Agreed on chrome body parts...
I was about 1/2 way there. Jsut needed to finish the high beams and shadowline.

DSC_0024-1.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
steven13608

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were did u read this, Rob Drydeck was the origanal matte black and he started the whole "murdered out" scene and yes i believe murdered out is everything, but wats ur meaning if mine is wrong.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steven, chill out dude. alotta things in life upset me as well but i keep it to myself. theres no reason to start all this because you know other members are going to argue and it might get ugly.

OP
OP
steven13608

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry i came of being a dick and im not trying too so i appologize.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were did u read this, Rob Drydeck was the origanal matte black and he started the whole "murdered out" scene and yes i believe murdered out is everything, but wats ur meaning if mine is wrong.

LOL. really? Rob Drydeck?
the guy from Rob n Big?

I am his age. We were using the term 'murdered out' to refer to a blacked out car way back in the early 90s... 91-ish when Monochromatic aka"dipped in paint" was in vogue and long before black wheels on anything but taxis and police cars.

Originally it meant a sedan that was monochromatic black, all chrome blacked out w/ dark windows and tinted lights... think GNX with tinted lights.
Think gangster.
Think dead body in the trunk.
Think blacked out drug dealer Benzes and Bimmers from the 80s.
Think Miami vice.

Usually they had highly polished deep lip wheels.

the original matte black cars were Kustoms in the 40s and 50s.
I still call em Sueded cars. Mostly because it annoys the piss out of People that got turned onto it in the pages of SCC about 10 years ago.

Not a problem, btw, I just predate the term. Terms change in meaning sometimes, the internet has helped 'catchphrases' become generic terms, but meanings are often skewed at the same time.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
not trying to be a dick either but I am 34 and if someone my age or even close said murdered out, I would laugh at them.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, its a common term in the bmw e34 community.

and i'm 34 too (for 2 months).

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Murdered out" hmmmm...something a "ricer" might say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe