The Best!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just talked to Shannon, on the phone, about tune info. Great guy and lots of info but I was surprised by one comment he made. Must be company policy, I guess. Hell, maybe I misunderstood.

I asked if he or someone else was willing to talk to my friend/tech about what I was wanting to accomplish with the tune. My friend/tech has knowledge and has done the tunes before and he will understand Shannon's info he shares where I will likely lose some of it in translation. I was told you guys would not or do not do that. I did not question his answer because it is what it is.

Did I misunderstand?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@PNW VietVet Aren't you just going to tell your tuner what you'd like to get out of the tune, and he can advise you on what can be done? Not sure why/how @BlackBearPerf would be involved with that. Or are you trying to decide whether to go with BB or your tuner?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@PNW VietVet Aren't you just going to tell your tuner what you'd like to get out of the tune, and he can advise you on what can be done? Not sure why/how @BlackBearPerf would be involved with that. Or are you trying to decide whether to go with BB or your tuner?

Yes, am trying to decide to go with friend or BBP and if my guy has the correct equipment to do this. Again, I am clueless when it comes to exactly how it all goes down and therefore ask a lot of questions. I think the web site info I printed out will be helpful to my friend and we will go from there.

My main want on this is to keep the engine as stock as possible and firm up trans shifts a little and open up the ignition/fuel parameters for a bit more set of the pants performance feel. I would be completely happy if I could stomp on my gas pedal and the rig accels and reacts like my 02 did with the 3.73 gears. I don't want to spend tune money and not get what I want and then go ahead and do a gear swap anyway. The bigger I can keep my pinion gear size, the better, IMO.

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Shannon, on the phone, about tune info. Great guy and lots of info but I was surprised by one comment he made. Must be company policy, I guess. Hell, maybe I misunderstood.

I asked if he or someone else was willing to talk to my friend/tech about what I was wanting to accomplish with the tune. My friend/tech has knowledge and has done the tunes before and he will understand Shannon's info he shares where I will likely lose some of it in translation. I was told you guys would not or do not do that. I did not question his answer because it is what it is.

Did I misunderstand?
Thanks for the kind words, nice talking with you as well. With the other tuner question, I thought you meant working with another tuner on a tune letting them know what we would do tuning wise, collaborating something like that, we do not offer that. Of course we can go over tune options with him and what we can offer, talk to you soon.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, nice talking with you as well. With the other tuner question, I thought you meant working with another tuner on a tune letting them know what we would do tuning wise, collaborating something like that, we do not offer that. Of course we can go over tune options with him and what we can offer, talk to you soon.

Yea, I felt that maybe my lack of knowledge led to me not understanding what you were sharing with me. As I said, I will see him tonight, give him the printout and your name and number and please talk so we all can get to a point where I can get this done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26