Thanks for adding me to your forum. I have a 2019 Yukon XL SLT. I have excessive wind noise on my drivers side window. Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Lebold

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Yukon XL SL excessive wind noise drivers side window. Any suggestions?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your specific question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just noticing this with ours too. In my case, don't think it is as much the window as it is the door frame because if I push ther frame, the nose gets louder. I also notice it is a little more prevalent in severe cross winds.

I am thinking about adding some cloth tape to start, near the top of the door frame, if that doesn't work, some thin foam.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Have you checked the alignment of the door from the outside when it is closed? Does the gap around the DS door look the same as that on the PS?

If not, might try and adjust the hinge side of the door to match.

May also try to adjust the striker plate a little to hold the door closed a little tighter.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painters tape on different areas and then test drive before moving the tape to other areas.

Maxeyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the same thing on mine. Ended up just being the Driver's door "B" pillar trim was loose causing it to catch the wind as I was driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11