Texas Speed vs Speed Engineering headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've decided to pull the trigger on a set of headers. I've narrowed it down to Texas Speed ve SE, mainly because of budget restrictions lol. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

OP
OP
HurricaneSSeason
Reaction score
I think they're pretty much the same. I had some fitment issues with mine, Speed Engineering.
Fitment issues around the engine? Or Ypipe issues? My hommie owns an exhaust shop and he'll handle the pipes for me

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Y pipe and the inner tubes interfered with my front prop shaft. So instead of denting the tubes, we pulled the prop shaft, so no more 4wd. If you go with SE, buy your own header bolts and gaskets, theirs SUCK.

OP
OP
HurricaneSSeason
Reaction score
Y pipe and the inner tubes interfered with my front prop shaft. So instead of denting the tubes, we pulled the prop shaft, so no more 4wd. If you go with SE, buy your own header bolts and gaskets, theirs SUCK.
The shop beside my exhaust guy is installing the headers and then it will be going next door to be finished. He should be able to bend pipe around whatever he needs to. Hopefully it turns out ok... Are you happy with the SE headers or would you go a different route if you could do it over?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The shop beside my exhaust guy is installing the headers and then it will be going next door to be finished. He should be able to bend pipe around whatever he needs to. Hopefully it turns out ok... Are you happy with the SE headers or would you go a different route if you could do it over?
Overall I'm happy with the headers, considering my budget, but I'd go with American Thunder(I think that's what they're called @sumo)if I had a bigger budget. So you're using they're Y pipe too? Going catless?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Overall I'm happy with the headers, considering my budget, but I'd go with American Thunder(I think that's what they're called @sumo)if I had a bigger budget. So you're using they're Y pipe too? Going catless?

American Racing. These are absolutely beastly. The sound it gives my truck and believe it or not, I am running oem piping cat back system. I did the resonator delete, welded in a magnaflow muffler. I run their 1 7/8 header with a catted y section, but honestly, it looks like a bump in the piping. I chose to use cats because I use it to haul family. I have a rich tune to compensate for my blower so I still get a strong exhaust smell when I get on it.

45933C81-F089-4BC1-8E31-1456253A7872.jpeg 1AA94E24-6120-4F4B-A80F-37F324E0A674.jpeg

OP
OP
HurricaneSSeason
Reaction score
I'm going catless. As far as the Ypipe goes, idk. I was planning on headers with stock exhaust pipes. Just delete cats and change the muffler to a magnaflow. Will that not work?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm going catless. As far as the Ypipe goes, idk. I was planning on headers with stock exhaust pipes. Just delete cats and change the muffler to a magnaflow. Will that not work?
Since you have a buddy that does exhaust, that'll work. Just make sure you stay with at least 3 inch pipe. That's the stock diameter.
Thx @sumo for correcting me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts