Test Drove 2015i Tahoe LT Z71 fresh from factory - Cabin Pressure!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkwbl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put this on another thread as well but want to make sure everyone knows that this cabin/ear pressure issue is not resolved for this brand new build just delivered yesterday from the factory. I do not have any ear issues at all so a little history.

I have been having tranny issues on my 2013 Tahoe LT that I bought as a certified vehicle last year with 24,000 miles really like it but 2 tranny issues in less than a year and I only put on 8,000 miles since had me go back to the dealer and see what they can do on a new 2015 Tahoe. Well dealer was great to work with and the new 2015i Tahoe LT Z71 just arrived from the factory today and just got done with the test drive....so brand new build for those that think this issue if fixed....it is not!

Wow did I feel the cabin/ear pressure and I only did 10 mile ride of speeds of 30-70mph. I came away with a headache and ear popping and could not wait to get back into my 2013 Tahoe....note I took the exact same route on the interstate and roads to and from dealer so it is an exact comparison. Also, I had a decibel app going while I brought my 2013 down the road to measure noise inside cabin vs the new 2015. The 2015 was only slightly higher both ranging in the low 70's. This is a fully loaded 2015i Z71 LT with Entertainment and Luxury package....looks awesome...rides great but now doubt I will get due to this issue! I am going back with my wife tomorrow to test again and if we feel the cabin pressure again we will pass and I guess stick with the 2013 Tahoe! Bummer but that cabin pressure and ear pressure was absolutely obnoxious!

OP
OP
K

kkwbl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went with a 2013 Tahoe LTZ...they came me a great price on my trade....so I am happy. My wife did not even want to test drive the 2015 due to this issue so it was an easy decision. I will be waiting for GM to fix this and then may look at a new one down the road.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow looks like they really have problems and big problems, i do not have this issue and looks they fix the 4wd finally.
:hmmm2:

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to test drive the same truck you did. I never experienced the issue in a long term 2015i Burb and 2015 Tahoe rentals.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to drive one with this problem also.
I wish you would too.

Actually since some of these people claim that ALL models have this issue..... you should be able to go to any dealer and drive a 2015z model and replicate the problem

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to my local dealer this week to try and find one that does. This is crazy to think they "all" have this problem. I've had 15-20 different people in mine between family and friends and have never had one complaint about this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn