Tech2 subscription

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.... That looks like interface only requiring Tech type software?

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a short video of its operation. Probably, about 10% of functions available.

You can hear how clunky buttons are..

Anyhow. It does the job. Some of the bidirectional features work. Some not. For example, I could not remote start air compressor through the scanner.
I'd sum it up this way. If money is of concern, it is a good, slow, but versatile scanner.
In the hindsight, I should have spent $100 more and gotten one with touchscreen and cordless. Wifi or BT, some come with dedicated dongle. This one here is stone age interface. But it works.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the vxc nano because I can run tech 2 and GDS with one system. Just start a different program depending on the year.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pepboys will do it for free 0$ costs see if it has been converted to a advance auto parts with services
It's inconsistent whether they have a tool that can scan all of the modules. 99% of the time all they can give you is the OBDII codes.

Oselles88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know. So - yes, it's like one I posted...
I do mostly OK with 2 scanners I have...
I thought, there is, like Toyota Techstream, a subscription download and a cable, that allows you to hook up laptop to OBD and read codes.
I use a GM 2 cable and the Tech2Win software. It works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts