Tapping into the VSS or speed sensor inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99tahoeDfw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1st post here, so I’m hoping it’s in the Right spot. I recently bought a new Kenwood headunit and installed it in my 1999 Tahoe. Everything works fine but now the wireless CarPlay shuts down when I start to drive because it wants the speed sensor hooked up. I can’t find a diagram anywhere to show me where the interior wire connection to the vss would be. I’d love a picture of something behind or under the dash.

I believe it’s either light green with a black stripe or a dark green with a white stripe. I’ve searched the internet everywhere and can’t locate the wire to tap into. Any help would be great.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st post here, so I’m hoping it’s in the Right spot. I recently bought a new Kenwood headunit and installed it in my 1999 Tahoe. Everything works fine but now the wireless CarPlay shuts down when I start to drive because it wants the speed sensor hooked up. I can’t find a diagram anywhere to show me where the interior wire connection to the vss would be. I’d love a picture of something behind or under the dash.

I believe it’s either light green with a black stripe or a dark green with a white stripe. I’ve searched the internet everywhere and can’t locate the wire to tap into. Any help would be great.

Been a LOOONG time, but I wanna say it's a dark green with white stripe. Did your stock radio have SCV (Speed Compensated Volume)? If so, there's a VSS signal wire in the radio harness. It might be there even if the radio didn't have it.

*EDIT* According to the12volt.com, it is dark green/white stripe and it's at Pin 15 of the radio harness or Pin K at the CCM

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/cruisedetail/574.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts