Tallest 20" tire for stock suspension for 2022 Yukon AT4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WacoYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to go to the tallest (not widest) 20" tire I can put on my Yukon XL AT4. I want to stay with the 20" stock wheels. I ordered some 275/60/20s and 285/65/20s from Discount Tire but the day I went up there they were adamant nothing but the stock size (275/60/20) is the tallest I can put on there. I don't believe that. Anyone know what the tallest (not widest, I like tall and skinny) 20" tire I can put on here? Thanks

Also, if I go with a small leveling kit, what could I get away with?

Attachments

• Yukon.side.jpg
    Yukon.side.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 23

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

When I purchased my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, it had 275/60x20 tires, and they pretty filled up the wheel wells from a height standpoint. I know that your truck is a different generation than mine, but I think that the folks at Discount Tire may be correct. Other folks will chime in with their experiences.

OP
OP
WacoYukon

WacoYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

When I purchased my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, it had 275/60x20 tires, and they pretty filled up the wheel wells from a height standpoint. I know that your truck is a different generation than mine, but I think that the folks at Discount Tire may be correct. Other folks will chime in with their experiences.
Yea, my concern is I've heard Discount Tire likes to only install oem original tire sizes and not do things like this if it makes sense. I saw the other thread similar to this and there were some wide tires in there and I want tall but skinny if that makes sense

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, my concern is I've heard Discount Tire likes to only install oem original tire sizes and not do things like this if it makes sense. I saw the other thread similar to this and there were some wide tires in there and I want tall but skinny if that makes sense
Yes, some tire places don't want the liability that 'may' be associated with installing sizes that are not recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. I had a similar experience with Town Fair Tire for tires for my Honda Fit. They swore up and down that my requested tire size would not fit on my Fit. I had to take the salesperson out to my Fit and show him that I already had my requested size on my Fit for 30,000 miles with no issues.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some 275/60R20 and 285/65R20 from Discount Tire but the day I went up there they were adamant
'nothing but the stock size 275/60R20 is the tallest I can put on there'.
I don't believe that.
They meant that OE 275/60R20 is the ONLY size Discount Tire will dare put on there.
Corporate cowardice.

Simplest answer: find a competent wheel & tire joint that understands what you're getting at.
If the OE tire size is 275/60R20, and you like tall and skinny, start with 255/65R20 or 265/65R20?

OP
OP
WacoYukon

WacoYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They meant that OE 275/60R20 is the ONLY size Discount Tire will dare put on there.
Corporate cowardice.

Simplest answer: find a competent wheel & tire joint that understands what you're getting at.
If the OE tire size is 275/60R20, and you like tall and skinny, start with 255/65R20 or 265/65R20?
Yea I'd like to see if 275/65/20 would work.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'd like to see if 275/65/20 would work.
Those should work. Just an inch taller than stock (half inch closer to wheel liners when turning etc). And its a fairly common size…quite a few tires that size.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 275/65/R20s on my Yukon xl Denali but it was a 2006. So I had to have a front level kit installed on my truck to clear that tall of a tire. Does your AT4 have air ride? I’m guessing to run that size on your rig without air suspension you’d need a leveling kit.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corporate cowardice.

the issue is the weight rating make sure it's equal to or better then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep