TailLight Problem :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing my break lights work my turn signals work but my running tailights don't work and the right license plates light doesn't work but the left one does. Does anyone know what's going on? And does anyone have the electrical diagram for the rear end?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
What steps have you taken to trouble shoot it ?
Check fuse? Replace bulbs? Traced wires?
If one plate bulb works the other should. So at least that one is either a bad bulb or cut wire.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here’s the thing. The stop tail and license plate lamps all share a common ground, therefor you can go ahead and cross the ground off bc it’s good. The right plate lamp and running light run on the same power supply BUT the left running lamp is on a seperate circuit.

Have you checked/replaced the bulbs? It wouldn’t be unusual for the running lamp side of those dual filament bulbs to give up the ghost but the brake lamps still work and the license plate bulb may just been out and you didn’t realize that until the rest?

Is your 3rd brake light still operational?

Here’s part of the schematics to show you they’re not on the same circuit.

7E3D227F-71AD-4ECB-BF05-64A482E3275B.png

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What steps have you taken to trouble shoot it ?
Check fuse? Replace bulbs? Traced wires?
If one plate bulb works the other should. So at least that one is either a bad bulb or cut wire.

Left and Right license plate lamps are on seperate circuits

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz