Tailgate lock, on 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oneshot40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Tahoe, my tailgate clasp is locked and cant close the tailgate properly how to repair?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I am assuming that when you try to open the tailgate to unlock the clasp, it does not unlock. Correct?

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
O

Oneshot40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I am assuming that when you try to open the tailgate to unlock the clasp, it does not unlock. Correct?

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.
No unfortunetly the lock is closed and I cant get it back open to close the door

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No unfortunetly the lock is closed and I cant get it back open to close the door
Did you hit the unlock button on the handle and try to pry the lock tab open? Is it making the electrical thump noise to unlatch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo