Tahoe Towing Sticker Recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, first post on this forum, I've been stalking a bit getting the lay of the land...

Here is the strangest thing I've ever ran across trying to buy a new vehicle- wondering if anyone here has heard anything about a TAHOE recall for the wrong trailer sticker?

Made a deal at the local dealership on a DEMO 2021 Tahoe High Country 2 weeks ago- Saw it, Drove it and made a deal to buy it. (2 weeks ago) but was informed that they had a recall and needed to apply a updated sticker before releasing the Tahoe.

Now it's been 2 weeks and apparently they did get a sticker- BUT it's still wrong and it is expected to be 2 more weeks or more before the corrected sticker is applied to the vehicle.

Has anyone heard of something like this before?

Seems like this would stop all Tahoe sales nationwide, or at least the '21 2WD at this trim level.

Mark W. :emotions122:

Off1c3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't remember where, but I remember reading that this was an issue, and some people were having the sticker mailed to them to avoid a dealership visit.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Have you checked the NTSB Website For it? Might see what the issue is.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, first post on this forum, I've been stalking a bit getting the lay of the land...

Here is the strangest thing I've ever ran across trying to buy a new vehicle- wondering if anyone here has heard anything about a TAHOE recall for the wrong trailer sticker?

Made a deal at the local dealership on a DEMO 2021 Tahoe High Country 2 weeks ago- Saw it, Drove it and made a deal to buy it. (2 weeks ago) but was informed that they had a recall and needed to apply a updated sticker before releasing the Tahoe.

Now it's been 2 weeks and apparently they did get a sticker- BUT it's still wrong and it is expected to be 2 more weeks or more before the corrected sticker is applied to the vehicle.

Has anyone heard of something like this before?

Seems like this would stop all Tahoe sales nationwide, or at least the '21 2WD at this trim level.

Mark W. :emotions122:

Yes, something similar happened to some early GMT900s as well. With those it was the Tire and Load information sticker. The government is afraid that you're not smart enough to take the vehicle and wait for the sticker to arrive in the mail before trying to tow a tugboat with it or load it up with cement blocks for a trip across town.

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
I can't remember where, but I remember reading that this was an issue, and some people were having the sticker mailed to them to avoid a dealership visit.
This is a unsold vehicle. Different rules.

OP
OP
Mark21

Mark21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback, I appreciate it. I'll be test driving a Denali tonight at the dealership next door. Going to stick with GM products though- my daughter and her husband are both GM employees.. :D
The Chevy dealership is happy to use the family code on the demo with 2,000 miles on it but would not provide any concession for the 2k miles. I might as well look at something with less than 20 miles on it if they are the same price (New vs DEMO)... Not to mention the confidence issue developing with the parts counter on a replacement sticker taking so long.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback, I appreciate it. I'll be test driving a Denali tonight at the dealership next door. Going to stick with GM products though- my daughter and her husband are both GM employees.. :D
The Chevy dealership is happy to use the family code on the demo with 2,000 miles on it but would not provide any concession for the 2k miles. I might as well look at something with less than 20 miles on it if they are the same price (New vs DEMO)... Not to mention the confidence issue developing with the parts counter on a replacement sticker taking so long.

No kidding. Same price, get 2 miles!

OP
OP
Mark21

Mark21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer finally released the Tahoe to me without the replacement sticker- Which arrived via US mail yesterday.
So we are now all caught up on the recalls and good to go! :happy160: Wishing you all a fantastic (safe) holiday season!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645