tahoe rocking back and forth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhud25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my tahoe rocks to the left and the right when going over some bumps. I have a 2001 tahoe that is lowered 2' in the front and the same in the back. The torsion bar was lowered without keys and I have bell tech drop springs in the rear. Is the rocking because of no torsion keys in the front, sway bar or shocks? I replaced the shocks with Bell-tech drop shocks about 2yrs ago

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Prob. shocks.
To test, stand on your running boards and rock the car around then jump off, if the car still shakes around too much afterwards (rocks two more time or more) then the shock need replacing.

OP
OP
J

jhud25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
don't know. Its driving me crazy. Still have the factory sway bar installed. Hate to replace the shocks but thinking of getting the Bilstein Hd shocks if I have to replace the shocks. Either way I figured that it has to be the fron and rear sways or the shocks

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong section, bro. Check out the forum section that corresponds to your year truck.

ELEVENTH HOUR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How can you tell if its the rear set or front shocks? My 04 Tahoe also started to rock a few days ago...:emotions122:
1405532134.jpg

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Climb the rear bumper ad move up/down a couple of times and jump off and see if it still bounces alot, if so ten you need new shocks.

OP
OP
J

jhud25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my tahoe doesn't rock that much but I like for it to be stiffer. I got 24' wheels so it has affected the ride a little. Feel everything a little more with bigger wheels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14