TAHOE PRODUCED EARLY?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the faster production has to do with Truck Month coming to an end? I believe GM focuses resources on trucks in January/February to give dealers a larger inventory of trucks for Truck Month (March). With that out of the way, now more production capacity can be devoted to the SUVs...

Buffalown

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the faster production has to do with Truck Month coming to an end? I believe GM focuses resources on trucks in January/February to give dealers a larger inventory of trucks for Truck Month (March). With that out of the way, now more production capacity can be devoted to the SUVs...
If that’s the case do you think there’s any chance these suvs being built in April will come fully featured? As others have posted I’m just wondering what the plan is in terms of “later retrofit” the dealers aren’t the most responsive and I’m sure it will be like pulling teeth to get the chips added months after they have completed the sale

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
They did just announce that they are shutting down the Silverado/Sierra plant in Ft. Wayne for 2 weeks starting 4/7. Hopefully they’ll ramp up Tahoe/Yukon production. I ordered a Tahoe RST in October and still it has not been accepted.

Unluckycharm

Reaction score
It is so close to the end of the model year production timeline, I wouldn’t be surprised if they shut down early to so they can stock up on (semiconductor)parts for the initial 2023 runs to have zero constraints. Guess we will see what happens soon enough.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a Z71 Tahoe on order that we specifically ordered…original TPW was 4/11….found out a couple weeks ago it got moved up to 3/28…order was placed first of Jan, accepted at the end of Feb

also have a RST Tahoe on order, dealer stock order that I claimed…original TPW was 3/14, then moved to 3/28, and now it’s 4/18…dealer placed the order in mid Feb which is when I asked if they had any coming in….they had just ordered 4 RSTs the day before….

maybe it’s just coincidence, but I wonder if they’re prioritizing sold orders over stock inventor which is why some are seeing their TPWs move up…guess we’ll see when they are finally built

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo