Tahoe PPV Deflector installed on 15 Suburban (shorter lower valance that comes on Police model)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this on my lowered Suburban. Here is a comparison of the ground clearance from both deflectors.

Stock height and stock air deflector:

7 13/16in. Of clearance at the sides of the deflector. And 9 5/16in. of clearance at the center of the deflector.

Lowered height (2/3 drop) with PPV deflector. 11 11/16in. Of clearance at the sides. And 11 1/2 in. In the middle. It slopes slightly inward towards the middle.

Amazing how much clearance I GAINED with this even though I’m lowered. Win win !!!

Last edited:

Allyssa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the ppv air dam from GMpartsnow on Thursday and got it this morning (Saturday). Although this part is damn near $400 on its own, I couldn’t pass up the shipping of this site compared to others. $29 vs $290?! I installed it today and love how it looks in addition to the additional clearance.

59784DAC-29A3-4DB9-B40D-47BF30296F76.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came Back to this post to find lots of views and lots of replies.
I am glad I was able to provide a bit of useful info!
For once! Usually I am the one asking for help!

Timers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered the ppv air dam from GMpartsnow on Thursday and got it this morning (Saturday). Although this part is damn near $400 on its own, I couldn’t pass up the shipping of this site compared to others. $29 vs $290?! I installed it today and love how it looks in addition to the additional clearance.

View attachment 247479

Thanks for mentioning this

Last edited:

Timers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up -
my PPV airdam arrived and looking at it, the bottom edge plastic isn't finished as cleanly as I had hoped it would be for $300

It basically looks like GM just used one of those huge paper cutters and sliced a regular airdam

Last edited:

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up -
my PPV airdam arrived and looking at it, the bottom edge plastic isn't finished as cleanly as I had hoped it would be for $300

It basically looks like GM just used one of those huge paper cutters and sliced a regular airdam;

I regret not buying a extra regular airdam and using extra $200+ to buy the tools I see others in this thread using.

OH WELL

dang man that sucks!

Phil Rosche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just finished putting on GM Part # 23365760

It is the Lower Deflector that comes on Tahoe PPV. it is about 1/4 of the length of the stock piece.

It's a small mod but I believe it has changed the look on our suburban quite a lot, we like it.

I got it at, for 281 plus shipping
https://www.gmpartso...lector-23365760

The main reason was to gain ground clearance, for these off-road times, like when parking at a mall to clear curbs smile.png

Also already helps on steep driveways and coming out of parking lots...

The removal of the old piece and installation of the new one was quite simple. Remove some bolts/ torque screws, pushing down some clip, partial removal of front wheels liners.

I can't comment on any decrease in MPG on highway, as we use this truck in town.

View attachment 74727

View attachment 74728

View attachment 74729

Did you need any additional hardware to install the new air dam?

Thanks

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you need any additional hardware to install the new air dam?

Thanks

nope. remove the stock one, put on the other one.
Be Careful to use a clip/retainer removing tool, along with amazon cheap trim removing tools, bunch of tongues of various thickness.
I choose to take mine to a body shop and it took them an hour to take care of it.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a fork with just two prongs. You can do a quick Google search for both items. Harbor Freight carries the trim tools and any automotive store should carry the clip retaining tool.