Tahoe limited & Tahoe PPV question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
it would be a bummer if the tires had exploded

140 is fast as hell though in a tahoe. I've only been up to the limiter passing a train of cars that are too stupid to pass someone. :lol:

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would be a bummer if the tires had exploded

140 is fast as hell though in a tahoe. I've only been up to the limiter passing a train of cars that are too stupid to pass someone. :lol:

Sure and that picture you took at night at 95 to show us your fancy new voltmeter.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

I've hit the governor a few times, mostly goofing off, but there have been a few times I got close passing a long line of weenies.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Sure and that picture you took at night at 95 to show us your fancy new voltmeter.

I've hit the governor a few times, mostly goofing off, but there have been a few times I got close passing a long line of weenies.

I was following my mom on a road trip in that pic. :lol: I swear to god I took about 10 pictures that night and they all came out blurry except for that one. :happy175:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was nothing Tweaked In the engine to achieve that speed , Its not about horsepower It was the way they were geared , I don't know the FULL specs but they are different. as far as the previous posts I do believe these engines are capable of going beyond the 120-130 mark depending on the gearing but with stock its not happening , I thought when i added my 120 denali speedo my truck would go 120 but it doesn't …. JK it still tachs out at the same speed right past the 100 MPH mark so according to my Denali gauge mine will top out at 103-104 before the governor likes to play the yeeeeaaaaa nooooo yeaaaaa noooo game with the engine .

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
for the 96 cop suv engine was same but gearing was 4.10 and speedo up to 130mph. need more details? which ones you want?

i only mention 96 cause that file is open in front of me right now.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the 96 cop suv engine was same but gearing was 4.10 and speedo up to 130mph. need more details? which ones you want?

i only mention 96 cause that file is open in front of me right now.

Transmission changes in the SSVs? are there any? that ratio would actually make you slower top end that doesn't make sense

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread, but my 2000 Tahoe Limited is governed at 107-109 but didn't go past 110.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358308931.902573.jpg

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Transmission changes in the SSVs? are there any? that ratio would actually make you slower top end that doesn't make sense
tranny upgrades were only applied thru the regular vehicle production year so if 98 was improved then all 98 chassis variation got it. nothing special about the ssv. and yes a 4.10 is a lower gear so it will accelerate faster. and tires were 235/70/15 so at 130 mph engine rpm in od would be 2171 so based on that info that bastard con fly. and has the gear wheel setup to maintain it it seems. seriously that is a 28.88" tire and 4.10 gear low enough to keep the tranny in od with out to much loading to kick it back to third which even then is 3101 rpm and around 5054 in second gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts