Tahoe Limited Not Starting Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.D.H.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, I've got a 2000 Tahoe Limited with some serious issues. I was hoping y'all could help me out.

The current problem is this, it cranks but will not start. It's getting spark, and I can hear the fuel pump pumping when I turn the key. In the last six months, I've replaced the following:

Distributor

Crankshaft positioning sensor

Ignition Control Module(twice!)

Ignition Coil

In those last six months, the truck has been less then reliable, and with all these modules and sensors going, I can't help but think something bigger is going(computer?).

The truck has 129,000 on the clock, but we've only owned it since 90,000, so I don't know what its been through prior. As long as I've owned it, in addition to what I listed above, I had to replace the head gasket and have the head milled. After looking back on all this stuff it has gone through, I can't help but wonder if its even worth keeping? Regardless, I need to at least fix it to sell it, does anybody have any ideas on what I can check or replace? Many thanks, in advance.

---Jesse---

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reread, dont pay attention to me

Last edited:

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camshaft sensor or.......my guess your ECU is dying or it's dead..

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome:

Did you replace all these items yourself and did you use a scanner to realign the camshaft and crankshaft sensors? And did you have the CASE relearn done on the vehicle after you replaced your crank sensor? If not you are going to have drivability issue from the beginning. And if possible can you get a scanner and a fuel pressure tester for some simple diagnostics? One other thing make sure your Electronics grounds are in place on the thermostat housing as well. Your vehicle shall rise again:Jedi:.

OP
OP
J

J.D.H.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To the potential buyers, I live in south florida. :)

Anyways, I did get a mechanic(friend) to look at it. He ran some quick tests, with his scanner. He said it wasn't putting out any codes. But he did notice that the battery cable was slightly loose. He tightened it up, and charged the battery, and it did crank up....for a few minutes. It started, was running decent(a little rough), but died about 5 minutes later. Charge again, and got it to fire off once more, but it died shortly, and now it is back to not cranking up at all like before. It does turn over, but doesn't start up.

I would say the fuel pump is the same sound as ever, as for the security light, I have to go check that one out and get back to you. :D

Thanks for the input guys, and keep it coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts