Tahoe headlights stay on...No DRLs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ Moore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone ran into your headlights staying on during the daylight instead of the regular DRLs running? I checked the DRL fuse and that's good. Not sure where to start troubleshooting. I have a 2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Has anyone ran into your headlights staying on during the daylight instead of the regular DRLs running? I checked the DRL fuse and that's good. Not sure where to start troubleshooting. I have a 2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Is the light sensor on the dash covered?

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean?
Are the lights staying on all the time, even with the ignition off and headlight switch turned off?
Or are the headlights on whenever the ignition is on and the truck is out of park, in other words the headlights are behaving like the DRLs?
Is this different behavior for the truck, as in something changed and now the headlights are staying on?
Or did you recently purchase this truck and you simply noticed the headlights are always on instead of the DRLs?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check both DRL bulbs both are probably burned out :S i'd replace them with Yellow ones

By default if both are out it will light up the headlights (at lest what it did on my old GM car)

does it say DRL bulb out?? on the little screen(on the cluster)

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck does have bulb out detection on the DRL bulbs. I has no idea if they’re burned out.

Do you have rainsense wipers and keep them turned on all the time? That will keep the headlights on if I remember correctly.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1999 Tahoe LT 4WD 5.7L truck had the same problem. My friend, who worked at the dealership, hooked it up to the computer and found out that the lights are hooked, or slaved, to the engine and you can't turn them off without messing up the engine. It SUCKED! But yours may be different, so you may want to get with someone who has the computer and have a look. My Tahoe was originally from Manitoba Canada and the Canadian regulations mandated that the lights had to stay on ALL THE TIME...for safety reasons. So all cars and trucks had that feature and you couldn't turn it off. Here's hoping you don't have that problem. Aloha!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons