Tahoe door keypad installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still stumped that it is just held on by adhesive tape...

Last edited:

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this work with the push button start cars? B/c they honk when you leave the key in the car.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this work with the push button start cars? B/c they honk when you leave the key in the car.

There’s a $3000 workaround for that he’ll have done so that he doesn’t have to hold a tiny key fob or a phone or use hide a key twice a year. ;-)

I kid I kid.

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new Ford Expedition implementation of this is actually really good. It’s hidden under a dark glass panel next to the drivers window. You can’t see anything until you touch the glass panel, then you see numbers light up in red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
BEIS

BEIS

Reaction score

Yes, this keypad works in 2017+ model trucks that have push buttons. If you lock the truck via the keypad while getting out, the horn does not honk.

There’s a $3000 workaround for that he’ll have done so that he doesn’t have to hold a tiny key fob or a phone or use hide a key twice a year. ;-)

I kid I kid.

Install the keypad, or don't, I could really care less. However, from the looks of it, you have a 2016, so you don't have to worry about that decision. Hopefully this thread can help out others that want this added feature.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install the keypad, or don't, I could really care less.

Yeah, but how much less?

Don’t get me wrong, I love gadgets but with free mobile phone lock/unlock and a fob the size of a tic tac container I just can’t think of enough situations where I’d leave both behind warranting glueing something to my door (I always take my phone kayaking, hiking etc to track miles and take pics etc and usually have a dry bag for stuff).

Good luck with yours!

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was spoiled with having a keypad on my 92 Merc, then got a Buick, I stupidly dropped my FOB in the trunk and slammed the lid closed. That half second of stupid inattention born out of being spoiled cost me an hour to wait for my wife to drive the spare set to me.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was spoiled with having a keypad on my 92 Merc, then got a Buick, I stupidly dropped my FOB in the trunk and slammed the lid closed. That half second of stupid inattention born out of being spoiled cost me an hour to wait for my wife to drive the spare set to me.

I remember back in the day locking my keys in the trunk. Had to pull out rear seat to get to them lol.

Fob never leaves my jeans these days and luckily locking the fob in the car is a thing of the past!

Last edited:

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't you have to pay monthly for On-Star for that?

Newer rides get 3 years for free. I had a 2013 Tahoe and traded it this year and never had to pay for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal