Tahoe Constraints - 1/27/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the sunroof was added this week. The sport performance package on the RST increased from 17 to 25 nationwide, but obviously that's still not very good. Z71, High Country and Premier are still there, as is the max trailering.

Incidentally, my dealer called to tell me that he got an allocation for a high country (that's on constraint) and that he can get it with a 6.2 if I change my order from an RST to a High country. No sunroof, though, and about 6k more.

2CF07D46-F539-4AC6-BA99-83B6D31FAE06remoted4b30cb662c265714fdcc611920fe8d0afa376e8-1-original.JPEG

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. It is a big bummer for the RST with SPP orders.

carsenault300

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i wanted the Sport package on my RST, but eventually decided to go without it ... i can upgrade the exhaust at a later time if i want to

Crzylgs

Reaction score
i wanted the Sport package on my RST, but eventually decided to go without it ... i can upgrade the exhaust at a later time if i want to
Did you get any movement on your RST without the Sport package? When did you order, etc.?

Presnrob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm curious to see the Yukon list as well. I'm assuming the power armrest will not make a come back for a long while, but I'm really hoping GMC allows us to remove the power armrest and keep the 2nd row captains chairs...that's all that's holding us up from placing an order.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50 Z71 Tahoe’s… nationwide…it’s almost like they aren’t even trying. Google is wrong a lot, but looks like there is around 2900 Chevy dealers in the US. Starting to look like a better option is to just bombard dealers that have one in transit.

i asked about three that were within 500 miles (350ish) and one was sold, other two available….one dealer wanted $5k over and the other $4k over

Kmgreen08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t see how this list of allocations is accurate. 1300 vehicles are produced a day in Arlington (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Suburban). Even at 50% production, that’s still thousands a week. Considering they sold 31,000 Tahoes in Q4 of 2021, the math doesn’t add up. Are they counting deposits as sales? That would be bad accounting. At this rate they’d produce 5,500 a quarter. Where did the other 25,000 come from?

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I understand. These are constraints and how many allocations they are giving out for each constraint. They are building tons of Tahoes that are not constrained. That’s why you are seeing base LTs starting to show up everywhere. They are not constrained and are allocating tons of them that are not on this list.

Kmgreen08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure I understand. These are constraints and how many allocations they are giving out for each constraint. They are building tons of Tahoes that are not constrained. That’s why you are seeing base LTs starting to show up everywhere. They are not constrained and are allocating tons of them that are not on this list.
That makes sense… thanks for the clarification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb

Latest posts