Changed my order from RST to High Country?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called and said he received an allocation for the constrained High Country, and that if I changed from an RST to a High Country, and removed the sunroof (also constrained) and removed the black gloss wheels (also constrained), I could still get the 6.2 and he would use the allocation on my order and thinks it would be accepted and produced inside a month. Will cost me a few grand more. Otherwise it could be several more months.

The 6.2 and Dark Ash color were my “must haves” and the 6,2 is impossibly constrained on the RST for the foreseeable future. I plan to black out all the chrome and buy after market wheels anyways. I did want the sunroof, but not that badly.

The only thing that bugs me about the high county is the brass looking accents on the interior. Not sure I could do much about that.

Thoughts? Should I do it?

Last edited:

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Highcountry is a nice ride. That was my first choice but was constrained when I ordered so ended up in a6.2 Z71. I would recommend air ride if it’s not constrained.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
If you are comfortable and able to keep using your current vehicle for say the next 12 months (hopeful worst case) with the way things have not improved with the chips, might as well hold out for what you exactly want for how much these rigs cost.

Elise201424

Reaction score
If you are comfortable and able to keep using your current vehicle for say the next 12 months (hopeful worst case) with the way things have not improved with the chips, might as well hold out for what you exactly want for how much these rigs cost.
I agree here. They are such an expensive investment and I don’t see the new car business changing anytime in the next year or so. I would wait. But I have also learned to be very patient. Think of it like this… if you got the high country and did it the way you wanted would you be sad if the next month you could have gotten your exact order? Nothing worse than living with that regret.

Yarosuav

Reaction score

Agree completely. That’s what I’m doing as well. It’s tempting to want to get something asap, but you’re going to own it for years, and regret every day you cut corners just to get it faster…

Ketzer

Reaction score
As others have said, for this amount of money and your need is not urgent...wait for the vehicle you want. Especially since you are ordering from factory.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
That is tough. I would like to say keep waiting on the RST. I had a Premier on order for several months with no movement, so I changed to the RST because they told me they had an allocation for that. Alas, I am now waiting in 1100 in my RST now too. No movement and now constraints seem to be holding it up.

At this point, I would take an allocation if you have one available. You can always change things such as the rims when they become available and sell the rims that came on the High Country.

Tough call.

cgator67

Reaction score
Dealer called and said he received an allocation for the constrained High Country, and that if I changed from an RST to a High Country, and removed the sunroof (also constrained) and removed the black gloss wheels (also constrained), I could still get the 6.2 and he would use the allocation on my order and thinks it would be accepted and produced inside a month. Will cost me a few grand more. Otherwise it could be several more months.

The 6.2 and Dark Ash color were my “must haves” and the 6,2 is impossibly constrained on the RST for the foreseeable future. I plan to black out all the chrome and buy after market wheels anyways. I did want the sunroof, but not that badly.

The only thing that bugs me about the high county is the brass looking accents on the interior. Not sure I could do much about that.

Thoughts? Should I do it?
The benefits, feature wise, of the high country are HUD and adaptive cruise control.. and option for air ride which isn't available on RST. Otherwise, I don't recall any significant feature differences. But I like everything about the RST trim better as far as no chrome and black accents outside, the red stitching and the carbon fiber trim inside vs the wood trim. Also, I ended up really liking the RST wheels (would have wanted gloss black on any other trim but I feel the RST wheels give just enough contrast where gloss black might be a bit too much on a black RST). Anyway, I think for me it would be a tough pill to swallow to pay thousands more for the high country I didn't really want and then still have to spend more money blacking everything out, changing the wheels, etc. I'm with everyone else-- wait for what you want at these prices..

If you opened up to black paint, would you be able to find an RST w/ 6.2L at a dealer somewhere? Black seems to be much more common than dark ash when searching inventory.. I've stopped looking since I found mine but it looked like there were a bunch of others in transit a couple of weeks ago when I looked and maybe one of them isn't spoken for or maybe deal falls through on one? Just a thought, but if dark ash is a must have then wait for that too...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasser Ali