Changed my order from RST to High Country?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I concur, a high country with out a sunroof is just strange. Never knew you can get it without a sunroof. I get you want the 6.2 but id wait. You are essentially saving $1500 for having a well equipped ride with no sun roof.

Id wait.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The benefits, feature wise, of the high country are HUD and adaptive cruise control.. and option for air ride which isn't available on RST. Otherwise, I don't recall any significant feature differences. But I like everything about the RST trim better as far as no chrome and black accents outside, the red stitching and the carbon fiber trim inside vs the wood trim. Also, I ended up really liking the RST wheels (would have wanted gloss black on any other trim but I feel the RST wheels give just enough contrast where gloss black might be a bit too much on a black RST). Anyway, I think for me it would be a tough pill to swallow to pay thousands more for the high country I didn't really want and then still have to spend more money blacking everything out, changing the wheels, etc. I'm with everyone else-- wait for what you want at these prices..

If you opened up to black paint, would you be able to find an RST w/ 6.2L at a dealer somewhere? Black seems to be much more common than dark ash when searching inventory.. I've stopped looking since I found mine but it looked like there were a bunch of others in transit a couple of weeks ago when I looked and maybe one of them isn't spoken for or maybe deal falls through on one? Just a thought, but if dark ash is a must have then wait for that too...

‘22 RSTs with the 6.2 are non existent, and will probably be for months.

The HUD display is a huge plus.
I was already planning on aftermarket wheels.
Blackout kits look to be a couple hundred, plus the blackout grill for about $500 (with camera).

Really the only thing I’m stuck on is the brass colored accents on the interior. And the extra $5k. The dealer offer it to me a $2k under msrp, so it’s a pretty tough choice.

I think I’m pulling the trigger. Order was officially accepted today, so I’ll see if I find a 6.2 RST before finalizing after delivery.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the sunroof on constraint? Not familiar if it is but why not try and find a high country with it?

I honestly love mine, my 14 jeep hemi had it, traded it for a 17 jeep and opted out and regretted not getting the sunroof.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of a White HC with black wheels dealer is asking MSRP. At least as of yesterday it was available.

beefcake83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a pearl white ‘22 RST with the sport package and sunroof. Ordered in October. Built in December. Delivered in January. It was built way faster than anticipated. I love it and am glad I didn’t settle for a different model or options I didn’t want. Then HC is nice, but the interior of the RST is what we wanted. Of course we also had to have the 6.2.

Hope you like whatever you get!

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Update - switched my order a week or so ago, Oder was officially accepted. Received my TPD today of 3/7. I figure a month or so for delivery.
So you are going to go with the High Country instead? I am very excited for you! I hope everything goes as planned and you are in your new ride soon.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are going to go with the High Country instead? I am very excited for you! I hope everything goes as planned and you are in your new ride soon.
Yeah, the difference is minimal from what I originally ordered. Essentially I get HUD display and adaptive cruise, and lose some of the black trim. Dealer is giving me a discount on the High Country, so I’m paying about $3k more in total.

I also submitted without a sunroof, but I would have taken a RST without as well. So that’s a wash.

Pretty excited I might actually get a vehicle in a couple of months.

Last edited:

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Yeah, the difference is minimal from what I originally ordered. Essentially I get HUD display and adaptive cruise, and lose some of the black trim. Dealer is giving me a discount on the High Country, so I’m paying about $3k more in total.

I also submitted without a sunroof, but I would have taken a RST without as well. So that’s a wash.

Pretty excited I might actually get a vehicle in a couple of months.
Congrats! Sounds like you made a pretty good deal.