Tahoe 2nd row seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe with 2nd row captains seats. They are black/ebony leather, heated, power folding.

I'm looking to trade for black/ebony leather bench seat in order to accommodate 3 car seats across in the second row.

Please let me know if you are interested in a trade or if you have a bench seat for sale. Looking for one with LATCH system in all 3 seating positions

I'm in southern California

Thanks

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe with 2nd row captains seats. They are black/ebony leather, heated, power folding.

I'm looking to trade for black/ebony leather bench seat in order to accommodate 3 car seats across in the second row.

Please let me know if you are interested in a trade or if you have a bench seat for sale. Looking for one with LATCH system in all 3 seating positions

I'm in southern California

Thanks
Fyi they only put latch points(on a bench 2013 tahoe) in 2 positions.... I don’t know why.

OP
OP
H

hockeyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fyi they only put latch points(on a bench 2013 tahoe) in 2 positions.... I don’t know why.
Thanks for the info Galante. Would you happen to know of another model year bench seat with 3 latch positions that would fit in a 2013 Tahoe?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Galante. Would you happen to know of another model year bench seat with 3 latch positions that would fit in a 2013 Tahoe?
I’m pretty sure for all years of the NNBS platform that GM only put bottom LATCH points on the passenger and middle positions of a bench seat but put top anchor points in all three.

65A0C043-5EFA-4D60-9B88-9DEA55D934E1.jpeg

OP
OP
H

hockeyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up and passing along all of the information guys. I really appreciate it

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up and passing along all of the information guys. I really appreciate it
No problem. For what it’s worth, I had 3 car seats in my 2nd row for a while and it worked just fine. Never felt like it was unsafe.

OP
OP
H

hockeyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I kind of feel like I should just use the third row for the oldest one and keep the captain chairs for the younger two. I just don't like having to secure her straps via the lift gate each time she gets in. But for all the hassle of swapping out the second row this may be the easier option.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of feel like I should just use the third row for the oldest one and keep the captain chairs for the younger two. I just don't like having to secure her straps via the lift gate each time she gets in. But for all the hassle of swapping out the second row this may be the easier option.
I completely agree, trying to access 3rd row with 3 car seats in second row is a pia.....I had the youngest behind driver, second next to him and oldest in 3rd row..

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try to get a bench from a 15-20 body style. Those will bolt in and have seat hooks in all 3 positions.

OP
OP
H

hockeyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could try to get a bench from a 15-20 body style. Those will bolt in and have seat hooks in all 3 positions.

LRob, so you are saying that a bench from a newer model will be compatible with the 2013?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts