Tahoe 2014 PPV vs Yukon 2010 15k Budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to haul a large trailer, may I gently suggest an XL or Suburban? The added length in the wheelbase helps a lot with sway. When I was shopping a few years ago, the price premium for a Denali with the 6.2 was only about $1K. It's a much better motor for towing a heavier camper, in my opinion. I've towed with both and the 6.2 wins, hands-down.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to haul a large trailer, may I gently suggest an XL or Suburban? The added length in the wheelbase helps a lot with sway. When I was shopping a few years ago, the price premium for a Denali with the 6.2 was only about $1K. It's a much better motor for towing a heavier camper, in my opinion. I've towed with both and the 6.2 wins, hand-down.
This 100%

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Durn! I paid $12K total for the pair of mine. One was a K-9 units, so no interior, and higher miles. I also bought them directly from the highway patrol. No dealer markups.
I saw that. I’m from Dallas. If i knew i would have got from the txdps too and drove it back to vegas

OP
OP
M

Markornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went to see the Yukon 2010 SLT and got the whole Carfax. History looks good but the rust is a problem for MD State Inspection. I would love to get the 6.2 Engine but Denali's with 120k miles is $18K+ Suburban is an option but my wife doesn't want to drive such a long car around. Need to find some compromise for a good price (almost impossible)

Anyone on East Coast Selling something in my $14k range?

I'm giving up on the PPV Tahoe after reading THIS . Too many miles.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Maryland and the prices went up. Dealerships are charging above MSRP :rolleyes:

I'm a bit concerned because MD State inspection is hard to pass with older vehicles. If anyone selling or knows anyone I'm on the market. $14/$15k budget all cash.

For the PPV, yes they told me that the horn doesn't work and it's needed to pass the MD State Inspection...

I'm assuming the maintenance was good since Homeland Security was doing the maintenance and the GMC will find out today.

Thank you for all your help and feedback!

View attachment 358548

View attachment 358547
If you're willing to travel, @iamdub has an awesome deal for an 08, IMO. Its listed in the for sale section. Has full build thread in the Under Construction section.

Ad https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/somebody-buy-my-hoe.130497/

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to travel, @iamdub has an awesome deal for an 08, IMO. Its listed in the for sale section. Has full build thread in the Under Construction section.

Ad https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/somebody-buy-my-hoe.130497/

Maaaaaaaan... I should probably pause, close, delete or whatever this ad for now. Things won't move with the new Tahoe until after the first and, as you've told me, I might actually be underselling it a little. It seems to be a fair price in my market, but probably worth an extra grand or so elsewhere. Prices continue to go up when I thought they had peaked. Besides, it'll likely be changing specifications by then. Editing now...

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maaaaaaaan... I should probably pause, close, delete or whatever this ad for now. Things won't move with the new Tahoe until after the first and, as you've told me, I might actually be underselling it a little. It seems to be a fair price in my market, but probably worth an extra grand or so elsewhere. Prices continue to go up when I thought they had peaked. Besides, it'll likely be changing specifications by then. Editing now...
Understandable. Sorry, he's looking for something thats very close to what you have. Figured I'd try to help you both:)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understandable. Sorry, he's looking for something thats very close to what you have. Figured I'd try to help you both:)

I dig it and appreciate it. If mine were at stock height, it might be a great fit for him. Unless he's looking for 4WD. Also, what he's actually towing is a factor due to the converter.

Who knows what 2022 will bring?!

blackjack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, for my 2c the PPV is the winner hands down-especially if you only need 2WD.
Be patient and peruse auction sites, there are many many 13/14's all over, many just sold west coast fla and many texas.
and FYI, despite some "clean up" a PPV is the ONLY GMT800 (tahoe/Yukon I would own.. I have 5 and recommend to anyone. and more than 300k on 3 of them. My friends and co-workers get them either with me or after I am ready for next one! And for long hauls, the ride is the PPV will be even more relaxing and comfortable, especially towing.
Call me if you want, and I'm a FLL-BWI commuter work in your area often. 3052337777

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino