Tahoe 2014 PPV vs Yukon 2010 15k Budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I need an advice...

My budget is 14k and currently have two offers for Yukon 2010 4x4 SLT (136k miles) and Tahoe 2014 PPV (96k miles)

I need to haul family and tow a large trailer. Any advice is much appreciated. I noticed that SLT has Auto AC where Tahoe doesn't also the Yukon seats looks much more comfortable. Going to test drive next week.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not trying to sway you one way or the other with the following questions, just trying to be as helpful as possible. Be aware that with a $14k budget you should have no trouble finding something that works well for you, whether it’s one of these two or another Yukon/Hoe.

The Yukon seats will be much more comfortable, even more so if you went to an even older body style.

How big of a family are you hauling? Are these both standard body styles or is the Yukon an XL? Which seat configuration do they have - some guys like the two captains in the second row w/ a 60/40 bench in the third, others prefer a bench and no 3rd row. Heated, leather?
What kind of shape is the body and frame in on each of them?
Which engine, transfer case and gear ratio do each of these vehicles have (you can take a photo of the RPO code inside the glove box)? It makes a difference when hauling w/ regards to fuel economy, towing capacity and torque. Plus some of the T-cases are known for developing pin hole leaks in them.
What kind of maintenance (documented vs. hearsay) has been done on each of these. I ask because they are both past or near their 100k tune-up timeline.
There are plenty of guys/gals here that can chime in to lend a hand with any questions that you may have. Best of luck and keep us updated. The more info we have the better we are able to assist you…and don’t forget that photos never hurt to help tell a story. Welcome to the forum!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Condition is everything in used cars. Pay for a professional inspection if you’re not confident of your own expertise.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some folks in the Forum who own PPVs say that electrical work is needed after the purchase, as the folks stripping out all of the police-related stuff are not particularly careful when doing this work.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what engine does the Yukon have? That might make your decision. The PPV will be 5.3.

also $14k seems high for a PPV. Is it an SSV by chance?

if basic utility is your desire the PPV is good. I absolutely love the rubber floor mats. I don’t care about auto HVAC. That’s the reason I bought my first one.

OP
OP
M

Markornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in Maryland and the prices went up. Dealerships are charging above MSRP :rolleyes:

I'm a bit concerned because MD State inspection is hard to pass with older vehicles. If anyone selling or knows anyone I'm on the market. $14/$15k budget all cash.

For the PPV, yes they told me that the horn doesn't work and it's needed to pass the MD State Inspection...

I'm assuming the maintenance was good since Homeland Security was doing the maintenance and the GMC will find out today.

Thank you for all your help and feedback!

GMC.PNG

PPV.PNG

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Maryland and the prices went up. Dealerships are charging above MSRP :rolleyes:

I'm a bit concerned because MD State inspection is hard to pass with older vehicles. If anyone selling or knows anyone I'm on the market. $14/$15k budget all cash.

For the PPV, yes they told me that the horn doesn't work and it's needed to pass the MD State Inspection...

I'm assuming the maintenance was good since Homeland Security was doing the maintenance and the GMC will find out today.

Thank you for all your help and feedback!

View attachment 358548

View attachment 358547
For the PPV it’s probably a simple thing with the “horn ring”. I had the same with theothertwin. It turned out a pair of similar colored wires had been crossed when the siren was removed. Took 15 seconds to fix, after 2 weeks of research. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345