Tahoe 2014 PPV vs Yukon 2010 15k Budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A ppv will have 3.08 gears and be terrible for towing a large amount (and it’s not rated for it due to gear ratio and tires)

I regret not getting a suburban honestly instead of my Yukon. The added length would be much more useful for trips with not much of a penalty with maneuvering and fuel mileage.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A ppv will have 3.08 gears and be terrible for towing a large amount (and it’s not rated for it due to gear ratio and tires)

I regret not getting a suburban honestly instead of my Yukon. The added length would be much more useful for trips with not much of a penalty with maneuvering and fuel mileage.
I dislike the looks of the lwb versions but I also have an avalanche. Take that for what it's worth

The lwb are definitely nicer for taking trips. Even though it's just me and my wife, we still have to ride with 3rd row folded down all the time. The ride in the longer version is better too. All that being said, I still bought a swb yukon. More for looks than functionality. Oh, it's easier to park as well

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
If you're going to haul a large trailer, may I gently suggest an XL or Suburban? The added length in the wheelbase helps a lot with sway. When I was shopping a few years ago, the price premium for a Denali with the 6.2 was only about $1K. It's a much better motor for towing a heavier camper, in my opinion. I've towed with both and the 6.2 wins, hands-down.
I’d agree with the caveat that if you can find a 2500 (6.0L engine) it would handle the towing even better.

I agree the lwb is a little trickier to park, but on road trips or desiring to bring kids friends with you the 3rd row on the swb essentially eliminates the storage space.

68Chevysspu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t know where you’re at on this now but I have a 13 2WD PPV and I like it but it’s definitely not as comfortable, especially for a family as an LS or LT. it’s very basic.

My biggest concern though is that both vehicles you referenced at 1/2 ton and you said you’d be pulling a large trailer. Check your towing and payload capacity with family and luggage included. You need a safety margin beyond the capacities. Most trailers need a 3/4 ton vehicle. I’ve been in an accident and if not for the weight and length of my 3/4 ton Suburban it would’ve been much worse.

Again, I don’t know you’re details but that’s my biggest concern.

12BD7C7D-495A-4F22-A6C1-C218C9E1B4E1.jpeg

OP
OP
M

Markornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need some interior for long trips from MD to FL and PPVs have very rough interior. I really like the PPV platform but redoing the whole interior would cost me a lot. So leaning towards yukon denali 6.3l for towing. If anyone has something on hand rust free please hit me up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf