Tahoe 2001 from France

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I come among you from France. I own a 2001 Tahoe 5.3 with 125,500 miles.

I ride for several years in American: Pontiac Firebird 1985 V8 5.0 (I sold) and currently a 1994 Jeep ZJ 5.2.

I live in a small village a few miles from Chablis (for French wine lovers).

In addition to my two American SUVs, I also have unknown French vehicles at home:
Renault Espace IV V6 3.5 (Nissan engine)
Renault Clio 1.4
Renault 6 0.8 of 1978 (which was a small car popular in the 70s).

I also had the chance (for the French that I am), to drive a Hummer H1 during my 10 years spent in the army.

I'm here because we do not find much info on the Tahoe in France, where this kind of truck pass for luxury SUVs that are expensive in fuel. (currently about $ 6 / gallon)

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! These are nice lasting trucks if maintenance intervals are kept. There is plenty of info in here if you ever need something. It makes me smile to see there is people like you enjoying American trucks all the way in France. I would love to see people's reaction when you cruise around in a big SUV, since I assume most French people love their small economy cars. Mine is at 225k miles looking to get over 300k with it before doing a 6.0 engine swap with some mods.

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I like about American cars is the comfort, the reliability and the price of the parts, which are very affordable compared to our Europeans.

Indeed, we do not go unnoticed with this kind of truck. I often have fun saying: hoooo you know, I took the small model (compared to the suburban) with the small 5.3
I am generally regarded as a curious beast. :D

My wife prefers her little Renault Clio but she admits that we feel really safe in the Tahoe.

I sometimes watch broadcasts on the US and often see trucks like Silverado or RAM that you use as a work tuck. With us, a RAM rolls quietly in the beautiful district of Paris :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
De superbes vidéos, j'ai regardé des centaines de personnes avant mon gros bébé.

Voici quelques photos de mon SUV et de mon français

http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/09/ip1q.jpg

1551193729-wp-20181108-13-38-31-pro.jpg

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to be excellent condition!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bienvenue Monsieur. This is a great place to get any and all info you could possibly want on your Tahoe. Lots of hours worth of reading herein.