Swapping Intake gaskets for a P0171 & P0174

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keiterburb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I went on the road to travel for work last week and as soon as I left my wife said we have an engine light on. I had her run codes and found a P0171 and P0174. The temps had dropped into the teens for the first time this year. After some research it sounds like intake gaskets leaking. I did't do any real diagnostics as the engine was running fine when I returned and temps were back in the 50-60s. I needed to change the oil pressure sensor as well so at least this was a good opportunity to replace it. Also doing the knock sensors today before putting it back together. The previous owner had wired a knock sensor into the front of the passenger cylinder head!

IMG_5403.jpeg

IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5408.jpeg

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  • DTC P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
  • DTC P0174 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The long term fuel trim weighted average value is more than a calibrated value for 2 seconds.

Excessive resistance in the fuel injector control and/or the ignition 1 voltage circuits may cause the following symptoms:
  • A lean condition
  • MisfireThe system may become lean if an injector is not suppling enough fuel.
  • A lean condition could be present during high fuel demand.
  • Review the Failure Records with a scan tool. If an intermittent condition is suspected, refer to Intermittent Conditions.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did mine a few weeks ago on my newly acquired Yukon. Was running decent then we got a cold cold morning and could barely keep it idling till it warmed up. Went to the auto parts store, got a set of gaskets and came home and did them. All is well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts