Swapping auto hvac for manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably... But if people can easily enough add digital in place of manual, it's gotta be easier to go the other way round. Wouldn't ya think?
I’ve never seen anybody that “easily enough” went from manual to digital- enlighten us.

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
I’ve never seen anybody that “easily enough” went from manual to digital- enlighten us.

I will try locate that thread on another forum site and link to it. Dude did it in a truck, IIRC he did it on just a couple hours with all kinds of pics and explanations. I used his posts to rewrire my escalade dash after dash fire and had issues with the digital stuff working like it was supposed to (mine was digital to start worth but fire caused all kinds of issues).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will try locate that thread on another forum site and link to it. Dude did it in a truck, IIRC he did it on just a couple hours with all kinds of pics and explanations. I used his posts to rewrire my escalade dash after dash fire and had issues with the digital stuff working like it was supposed to (mine was digital to start worth but fire caused all kinds of issues).
You have to remember the pickups and SUV’s hvac systems are completely different since there’s no rear heat or rear controls in them. Ours have 2 heater cores, plus 3 places to control them from- the main controls plus 2 roof controls. Ours are so much more complicated than the trucks it isn’t even close. I switched all my controls over to Escalade ones- the same type of control just different part numbers and nicer looking knobs- and it took awhile to get the rear working right again.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
auto to manual, sir. lol
He said “ But if people can easily enough add digital in place of manual, it's gotta be easier to go the other way round.”

So adding digital in place of manual means going from manual to digital, like I said...:cool:

Edit: he also never mentioned auto at all.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said “ But if people can easily enough add digital in place of manual, it's gotta be easier to go the other way round.”

So adding digital in place of manual means going from manual to digital, like I said...:cool:

Edit: he also never mentioned auto at all.
I must have missed that part, it would be a major pain to add auto there is at least 6 temp sensors in the duct work, 2 environmental sensors depending on the wheel base, harness, controller, bcm programming. no fun

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Okay let me clarify since there seems to be a problem with what I asked and what you read.

For starters I want to change my dash mounted digital climate control unit to one that is manual, specifically the kind that has 2 up and down levers for dual zone, specifically for the 2003 to 2006 and 2007 classic Tahoe suburban yukon Silverado Sierra gto etc etc.

I don't need to mention AUTO because I mentioned digital, and you know what I mean when I say digital, there is only 1, this 1 has the auto function, and there are no manual units that offer auto. It's like saying ATM machine, the M is machine in automatic teller machine. VIN number... Again... So when I say digital I mean the only digital version there is for 99-06 Tahoe yukon. If I was inquiring about NNBS I would ask in the NNBS section.

There is only 1 digital style for 99-06 gmt800 gm820 and gm830 platform, this includes Tahoe as well as escalade Silverado, Sierra, yada yada yada, and they are the same gm part number so no the escalade units as not different. If you can find a manual auto version of climate control give me a part number. Manual auto anything only exists in one place that I can think of at the moment and that is in old air cooled Volkswagen transmissions and older semi trucks that were automatic manual transmissions where you have a automatic transmission but no torque converter and have a clutch in place of the torque converter. I am sure there is something else equally stupid that is manual auto but I am tired and don't really care.

I also mentioned that of others have changed from manual climate control to automatic climate control "easily enough" why can't it be done in reverse? Automatic to manual. As I also mentioned a guy did it on his truck. Yes trucks are different than suvs in such ways that he had to add the vent temp probes and the like but I don't think he added the roof cabin temp as it is ion a small truck cabin and he didn't needed to add that to make the digital climate control system function.

Likely converse to this way of thinking is that I want to go to manual from digital, so all the the added crap is not necessary for my needs. I don't need to remove any of it, just unplug or bypass it... Right?

The rear heating and AC is controlled manually by the rear control units, again they are the same parts for manual as they are for digital auto. I would therefore only imagine that they are 100%manual and the cabin roof temp probes serve only to monitor the cabin temp and probably adjust the dash vents accordingly.

I do not wish too start a pissing match, I am only interested in knowing of if anyone has find a way to go from digital to manual. If you have not, I shop not need an argument, I am seeking helpful intuitive information from the members of this forum that I am unable to locate on the web as a whole.

Got helpful info? Let's hear it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay let me clarify since there seems to be a problem with what I asked and what you read.

For starters I want to change my dash mounted digital climate control unit to one that is manual, specifically the kind that has 2 up and down levers for dual zone, specifically for the 2003 to 2006 and 2007 classic Tahoe suburban yukon Silverado Sierra gto etc etc.

I don't need to mention AUTO because I mentioned digital, and you know what I mean when I say digital, there is only 1, this 1 has the auto function, and there are no manual units that offer auto. It's like saying ATM machine, the M is machine in automatic teller machine. VIN number... Again... So when I say digital I mean the only digital version there is for 99-06 Tahoe yukon. If I was inquiring about NNBS I would ask in the NNBS section.

There is only 1 digital style for 99-06 gmt800 gm820 and gm830 platform, this includes Tahoe as well as escalade Silverado, Sierra, yada yada yada, and they are the same gm part number so no the escalade units as not different. If you can find a manual auto version of climate control give me a part number. Manual auto anything only exists in one place that I can think of at the moment and that is in old air cooled Volkswagen transmissions and older semi trucks that were automatic manual transmissions where you have a automatic transmission but no torque converter and have a clutch in place of the torque converter. I am sure there is something else equally stupid that is manual auto but I am tired and don't really care.

I also mentioned that of others have changed from manual climate control to automatic climate control "easily enough" why can't it be done in reverse? Automatic to manual. As I also mentioned a guy did it on his truck. Yes trucks are different than suvs in such ways that he had to add the vent temp probes and the like but I don't think he added the roof cabin temp as it is ion a small truck cabin and he didn't needed to add that to make the digital climate control system function.

Likely converse to this way of thinking is that I want to go to manual from digital, so all the the added crap is not necessary for my needs. I don't need to remove any of it, just unplug or bypass it... Right?

The rear heating and AC is controlled manually by the rear control units, again they are the same parts for manual as they are for digital auto. I would therefore only imagine that they are 100%manual and the cabin roof temp probes serve only to monitor the cabin temp and probably adjust the dash vents accordingly.

I do not wish too start a pissing match, I am only interested in knowing of if anyone has find a way to go from digital to manual. If you have not, I shop not need an argument, I am seeking helpful intuitive information from the members of this forum that I am unable to locate on the web as a whole.

Hey there my Denali NBS.has a MANUAL AUTO climate control. For another thing,we were talking amongst ourselves, me and my buddy @Doubeleive who I've known for years . You’re not going to get any help trying to make us look like idiots.

IMG_5215.JPG IMG_5235.JPG

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:893karatesmiley-thu

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was posted in the nnbs section, then there was a another post or regurgitated thread, or two different people or whatever, either way getting kind of ridiculous, im out on this one lol
Don’t worry Wes, neither of us mentioned NNBS. I have no idea why he brought up anything up about NNBS except to be a smart ass. Sorry if I offended you, I was just messin with ya earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71