Swapping auto hvac for manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 04 suburban, has anyone swapped the digital automatic hvac control for just the dual zone manual control?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you’d have to flash the bcm so it knows.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been beaten to death for the last ten years. The simple answer NO. It can be done but you need to change the whole heater box, add sensors on dash, ducts and one ambient one outside. Need to add little fan on headliner that everyone thinks to be the onstar mic. With a lot of time and $$ anything is possible.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been beaten to death for the last ten years. The simple answer NO. It can be done but you need to change the whole heater box, add sensors on dash, ducts and one ambient one outside. Need to add little fan on headliner that everyone thinks to be the onstar mic. With a lot of time and $$ anything is possible.

I think he wants to do the reverse, he wants to eliminate the complex system for the manual controls the LS models have. I don't think the manual ones have sensors in the duct work, so he could probably just leave the sensors in place.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he wants to do the reverse, he wants to eliminate the complex system for the manual controls the LS models have. I don't think the manual ones have sensors in the duct work, so he could probably just leave the sensors in place.
Exactly, that’s why I think he would just need different controls and a bcm flash, and just leave the unneeded stuff as is. Either way, probably not worth it for a downgrade.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oops! I missed that! So many people want to upgrade to digital. Try it and see. I don't know if the plugs in the back are the same.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever follow up with this?

I would like to swap out my digital climate control system for the manual one.

Anyone?

Some things are just not worth it time and money wise. You'd have to disassemble much of the interior, replace, delete, add various components and program them to boot. Probably cheaper to supercharge it.

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Probably... But if people can easily enough add digital in place of manual, it's gotta be easier to go the other way round. Wouldn't ya think?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some other person was adamant that it could be done if you changed the wiring harness, I guess there is only way to find out........ probably more hassle than what it's worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1