Suspension Question - 2002 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Currently I'm running this kit from Rough Country:
http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-273n2.html

I'm still experiencing a tad of a nose dive and a droop in the rear driver side.

Would it be worth it to look into z71 springs in the back as opposed to the current spacers?

Also, the keys did hardly anything for "lift" purpose. Anyone have some up to date prices and part numbers on the correct Ford keys?

Thanks guys.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Though your keys may not have the same indexing as the Ford keys, you may be able to get more lift in the front by cranking the adjustment bolts. Pretty sure this will accomplish the same thing. Just make sure you get an alignment after making adjustments.

Rear driver side could just be the fuel tank. Any difference when near empty?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you crank up the adjustment bolts for the torsion bars make sure the wheels are completely off the ground i turned my up on my 4x4 ranger to get it to ride level

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolts are already near max with the rough country kit keys.

Well then max them. But Ford keys decrease the front track widths. Any key that gives that much lift does. To prevent nose dive you want your keys about 3/4 up or more. Good shocks are always good too. When you slam the brakes and don't nose dive its a good feeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879