suspension module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tatman48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all, my 08 yukon xl denali supposedly has a suspension control module. I cannot find it anywhere and I cannot find a video or info on it. would anyone know where I could look. my compressor use to work but then I got the exhaust port short. replaced the compressor but it still will not work and I do not have communication with it through snap on scanner. not sure if it is module or a bad ground or what. but I would love to get it fixed. so if anyone has any suggestions it would be great...

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Try YouTube for Denali air compressor repair/replacement. A dude had to get his truck to relearn the new suspension settings. Is it an Arnott pump or other replacement recently installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all, my 08 yukon xl denali supposedly has a suspension control module. I cannot find it anywhere and I cannot find a video or info on it. would anyone know where I could look. my compressor use to work but then I got the exhaust port short. replaced the compressor but it still will not work and I do not have communication with it through snap on scanner. not sure if it is module or a bad ground or what. but I would love to get it fixed. so if anyone has any suggestions it would be great...

The module is above the spare tire, on the other side of the frame's cross brace and attached with 2 bolts I believe. Just left of center.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a fuse for this particular part of the system? I know the compressor, being a relatively high amp device has it's own fuse and (I think) relay.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a fuse for this particular part of the system? I know the compressor, being a relatively high amp device has it's own fuse and (I think) relay.

Not directly that I see. One goes through the compressor and another through the compressor relay.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the wiring harness that connects to the pump make sure everything is clean and wires are all snug and tight from what I have read that seems to be a common issue, also did you get a new relay with the new pump? the relay is on the harness up front just under the brake master cylinder area taped to the main wiring harness.

OP
OP
T

Tatman48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I replaced the relay and the pump at the same time. the fuse is a large square 40 amp one and it is new as well. I checked the plug and all wires seem tight and are inserted in plug tight. i cannot find location of control module for the suspension. I was told it was under vehicle in front of spare but i did not see it. I tried the relearn procedure that the guy on youtube talked about but I still get nothing. hoping someone can help with where to find control module. i didnt see it on frame. Maybe I need to remove spare tire to access it?

OP
OP
T

Tatman48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the control module, it was literally laying up on top of spare tire lol. not bolted to anything. I am looking at converting to straight shocks and struts. will this make ride harsher? and does anyone have info on what all is needed

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is Bilstein shocks ride the best. For the most part, you get what you pay for with shocks. There are other brands and models that people with actual experience can share about.

To disable the Auto Level system, you disconnect the battery, remove some fuses and reconnect the battery or something like that. The details are mentioned multiple times on this forum somewhere, but it'd probably be faster to Google it. To bypass the AutoRide, you plug resistors into the wires that went to the tops of the shocks. I believe the value of resistor you need is a 3.9 Ohm, 25 Watt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas