superchips flashpaq tuner 2815 (feedback)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have the chance to pick up a "superchips flashpaq tuner 2815" for $125-150ish shipped in the box still. Is this worth it? I know they retail for $350-375ish Anyone here happen to use one and any feedback would be great so i could pick it up tonight.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
save up to $200 or so, get a Blackbear tune, hands down will walk all over the Superchips tune....you will not see huge gains with the SC, but you WILL, with the BB tune.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
save up to $200 or so, get a Blackbear tune, hands down will walk all over the Superchips tune....you will not see huge gains with the SC, but you WILL, with the BB tune.

have you ever used a SC? The plus side to the SC for $150 is I "own" it and can let my friends use it then sell it for what I paid and get the tune for free. Also I can Tunes between the different settings as I want to and download new tunes from the internet.

Is my logic flawed?:emotions122:

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Well I just got offered $125 shipped for it. I think I'm going to buy it....on eBay they all go for at least $300....Ill post up reviews when I get it

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorta, you can only mod one truck. Yours. Once you download the performance tune into yours, it kind of swaps out and put the stock tune into the handheld. Then, if someone sells it to you, how do you know your not getting their old stock tune? It will do one vehicle, not multiple.

On the Bb tune, if you make changes, like add gears, headers,etc, you send it back to BB, and get a free re-tune.
SC doesn't remove torque management, like the BB tune will.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Doesn't the SC have an PC connection so you can modify it and update it with the newest software and restore it?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but i still don't think it changes TM, the biggest killer in our trucks.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin's tuning capabilities are FAR more advanced than any handheld tuner, regardless of any hookups you have with your computer - especially if you do the scan cable tune. No matter how many available "settings" and changeable parameters there are in a particular handheld tuner, you have to remember that they all operate within a specified range - and all trucks are different. What might not be "safe" for your particular truck/altitude/driving style/maintenance level/etc., might be perfectly ok for another vehicle.

Once you complete the initial scan log and send the data to justin, he then has the capability of seeing EVERY detail of how your truck runs and performs. He can often see maintenance issues that you would otherwise never know about. For instance, I have an air intake leak somewhere. Not enough to throw a code, but enough to affect performance slightly. Justin was able to tune around it since I couldn't ever find it (which still bugs the shit out of me, BTW), but I would have NEVER known about it had I gone with a handheld tuner. Justin can also make changes based on the data you send him that might go beyond the normal parameter ranges of the handheld tuner.

Overall, its just a better tune and a better end result. Save your bones and just do it. Trust me...and everyone else on here who's got a BBP tune. :D

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Ok, well Ill have to wait and try this. He offered me $125 shipped with 3-day UPS. Sooo, if I don't like it. I will just end up selling it on eBay for profit then get a BBP haha.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so you did buy it?

I sure hope it's not the stock tune inside? Or you may have a $125 lemon. :(

Hope not for your sake....but there are reasons why people get rid of them.
And two makes sense, selling because getting a new truck, and wants some cash back, or getting a superior tune with someone else.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
so you did buy it?

I sure hope it's not the stock tune inside? Or you may have a $125 lemon. :(

Hope not for your sake....but there are reasons why people get rid of them.
And two makes sense, selling because getting a new truck, and wants some cash back, or getting a superior tune with someone else.

He said its stock settings and this is his most recent E-mails to me:

Yes the tuner has been returned to stock and it was only used to diagnose a problem on my Tahoe. If there are any problems with it though don't hesitate to ask me about it.

I decided to invest in a Blackbear custom tune. I had been on the waiting list for about a year and gave up waiting when I bought the Flashpaq and of course the next day I got an email saying it was my turn to get the custom tune. Downside is is that its going to cost almost 500 dollars to do it.

So I have faith he is legit:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700